Thursday 30 July 2009

Weighted Gloves - exercise, gloves


I bought these weighted gloves for a class that I take at my gym called Stike! It is a combo kickboxing cardio class that uses the gloves and a 6 lb. bar. Each week I would go and find that the gloves there were still wet with sweat from the previous class 3 days before. I found these gloves and took the chance that they would feel the same in the class as the ones the gym provided. The order came so fast that I was able to use them this Sunday and they are great. They are made with a pliable fabric that allows them to fit well on your hands and wrists and to be adjusted to size. Additionally, they didn't slip or move during the boxing actions. I also use them when I run to add weight and intensity to my motions, I even jab while I walk to keep my heart rate up. The cost of the gloves was very appealing as well, a small investment to keep me on track with my weight loss and training. These are also better then traditional wrist weights in that they distribute the weight across the back of your hand, not just on your wrist. Shipping was a little bit high, considering they came from a sub-vendor, but they were delivered quickly and are well worth the cost. j/fit Weighted Cardio Gloves (1lb Each)

I purchased these gloves on Oct 5, 2009. I am a 6 ft tall and a woman. It is hard to find weighted workout gloves that are not too tight on my hands. I was previously using the beachbody gloves for my turbo jam workouts and p90x kenpo. I like these gloves because they are a full pound each, they are quite comfortable on my hands. I think a man should be able to comfortably wear these where a petite woman might find them too loose. I am less than pleased with the fact that after two months the stitching on one of the gloves is coming apart.

I bought these gloves about a year ago to do my Turbo Jam workouts. I have about average size hands for a woman (size 7.5 glove)but they ripped around the thumb and between the fingers after the first few months. During my workouts I can hear the filling hitting the floor. I repaired them once, but they tore again and I need to replace them. Other styles have reinforcements around the thumb hole which I'm hoping will add to the longevity. Spend a few more bucks and buy a better pair.

I used these gloves for the first time in a no-contact kickboxing class. The gloves ripped/frayed right by the thumb hole. Don't let the cheap price for these gloves lure you in - their quality is equally cheap!

I use these for the P90X Kenpo workouts and they are excellent. I am a big guy at 6' 4" and 215 pounds so they add a fair level of added resistance to the Kenpo workout without making me feel like I need to remove them in order to complete the workout. They have made a great workout even better.

Fit just fine but once i started throwing punches the gloves moved side to side; did not fit snugly enough. And after an hour of workout, the gloves were totally soaked with sweat. And the bands around the fingers do not feel comfortable due to the glove sliding back and forth during the workout.

There were no other 1-lb. workout gloves on this site that came up at the time I did a search for women's gloves (at least none around $20 or less), so I didn't really have much of a choice, unless I wanted to spend much more (I see now that there's one from Gill Athletics for $23, but there's not much info in the description, including size). Most of the gloves in my search results didn't specify if they were for women (ie: came in smaller sizes), or they came with other equipment or a DVD I didn't want. The description of this product said "One size fits most," which I found out really means women's med-large. If you have small hands, these gloves will be a bit loose. If the velcro at the wrists were only an inch longer, I'd be able to tighten them for a more comfortable fit. I can still use them though, and the fit is my only concern so far.

Item arrived quickly and came exactly as pictured however I was disappointed in the fit. Meaning it did not fit well for those w/small hands/wrists even with the velcro closure. It kept slipping down and I had to use my fingers to hold the gloves back which is a bit cumbersome while doing turbokick moves. - Exercise - Cardio - Gloves - P90x'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Weighted Gloves - exercise, gloves gloves Weighted Gloves - exercise, gloves