Friday 31 July 2009

Sevylor - inflatable boats, sevylor


I bought this raft to use on the Charles River in Boston, simply a new fun thing to do on summers. It's worked out great, i've used it dozens of times. Other reviews claim the oars break easily, but i still have the originals and they work fine. Maybe a little small, but it's ok. The 3 person boat is more like a 2 person boat, or a super over crowded 3 person one. I've gone out with my husband and our 55 lb dog, and there's no room to turn around in there with the three of us. It inflates and deflates super quick with a pump, so you can bring it right to the water edge fill it up and go, and later deflate it and vacuum out the air so it stores very small. I've loved it and do recommend it. Sevylor Colossus 3-Person Inflatable Boat

My wife bought this raft - I inflated it. We bought a pump; it filled up in no time. Took myself, the better half, and our young offspring on a float down a little river in Maine. Oars worked fine, and it was as comfy as if I was floating on air. Above water. Literally. Oars can be unscrewed and split into 2 at the mid point, good for storage. To deflate it, my advice is get a pair of vice grips to pinch the nozzles and spare your fingers the arthritis.

Every year I buy a new inflatable boat for my son who is now almost 11. Looks like this one is a keeper and the way it looks right now, we won't need a new one for next year. We live on a saltwater canal on Long Island. This boat arrived quickly and I was surprised at how sturdy the boat is. Also I didn't realize that it also came with oars (I am sure it was in the description but since I already have oars I didn't notice). It inflated quickly by using a foot pump. I like how large the holes are for inflating/deflating making it more convenient that those tiny holes in other boats. It has been a few weeks now and we haven't had to reinflate it. I like that pad thing in the middle of the boat. Not sure of it's purpose, but we use it to sit on while rowing.We like to use kayak oars but that is what we are used to. I have inflatable pillows from our old boat that we use to prop ourselves up on to get a better angle for rowing, but you can sit on that middle thing and it works great! My next door neighbor bought the same boat for her twin 5 year olds to row up and down the canal too! I like totie a rope on and attach to our dock so they can't go too far away. Absolutely recommend! - Inflatable Boats - Inflatable Boat - Raft - Sevylor'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Sevylor - inflatable boats, sevylor raft Sevylor - inflatable boats, sevylor