Wednesday 15 July 2009

Exercise Bands - fitness, exercise bands


When I opened the box initially I wondered if I'd be able to tell the different resistance levels in these bands as they are all different colors.



After looking at them briefly and checking out the size of the tube and thickness I have to say this:



You'd have to be pretty thick-headed to not be able to tell which bands are easy and which bands are hard.



Yellow is the lightest

Then Green

Then Blue

Then Black

Red is the hardest



The fact that people take a star away because they're not labeled is sad. How many people would keep this piece of paper if it came in the box, for future reference? Anyone? Really?



It's in the description anyways, so people complaining about that is not necessary. Use your head.



The only thing that would be more helpful is how to use the door anchor it comes with. Black Mountain Products Resistance Band Set (Five Bands Included)

after only 3 weeks of working out with these bands the handles have started falling apart. I am working out with the P90X program and as I was working out I was in full tension with the red band...handle broke...band came back and tore my skin open on the opposite arm. This is very poorly constructed and if you still buy these...check the metal ring by the stoppers on the bands...make sure its on there correctly since BMP doesnt check their products

I have been using these bands for a couple of weeks, and they definitely offer a good work out. I have stretched them past what I thought were the limits and they have survived just fine. If they do break it's nice to know they have a lifetime warranty.



The one thing I would say is that if you are a bigger guy (I bench just under 300 lbs), you may want to purchase their set that is "stackable". I can fit two of these in my hands fairly easily, so I do most exercises with the red and black (the two heaviest bands) simultaneously. With the stackable ones there is a clip so you only have to hold one handle and can attach multiple bands. However, with those two bands it still provides a great workout. With the stackable you could add even more though.



Overall a great buy. Most bands in retail stores are around $10/ea. These bands are the same or higher quality. Included is a booklet with some basic exercises for beginners. Great for traveling.

Bands appear to be of good quality and might work for a light workout or to tone, not very good for the P90X program. First time I used this product the highest level band broke and I ended up with a nice cut on the leg from the steel connection point striking me after it tore out of the grip.

I bought these to save a little bit of money for doing the p90x system. If you are thinking of doing the same DON'T DO IT. It says that they are great for doing any home workout exercise including extreme workouts but half of my bands are busted now. The elastic band is attached to the handles using a grommet. On half of my bands the grommet has pulled out of the handle. Twice when this happened the flying grommet left blood welts on my shoulder and leg.



If you planning on doing p90x I recommend spending the extra money to get the official bands. I am going to have to do it so I am out the money I wasted on these.

These bands tore out of their handles in my 3rd week owning them. The product seemed ok when it arrived, but after less than 10 normal work outs they broke, rendering them useless.



I would not recommend this product to anyone. If deciding to purchase bands, I would recommend the higher priced, seemingly better quality bands out there.

You know the phrase, No pain, no gain? I think they had this product in mind when thinking of it. So, My first and last time using these bands resulted in an awesome welt down my back. The band snapped and the cheap, metal rings which are used to hold the handle to the band snapped down my back while doing triceps curls....I was not over stretching the bands, they are complete crap....You defiantly get what you pay for...

I don't have much experience with exercise bands, but when setting out on a new fitness program (P90) I decided they would be a better option than multiple sets of weights or one adjustable weight set. I have not been disappointed in my decision. I have been using these bands for five weeks now (three times a week) and they have provided me with an excellent work out experience. The build quality is sturdy and the weight ranges available in this set are perfect for those looking to progress from a beginner to a more advanced level of strength training.



For those that are complaining that these bands do not offer enough resistance, they work as advertised. If you needed more resistance to begin with, you should have bought higher resistance bands rather than these. I'm looking forward to taking a couple of these bands with me so I can continue exercising when I hit the road at the end of the month.

I purchased these resistance bands in January of 2011 (super fast shipping to VA) and I must say they are one the best things I have bought off of Amazon. I originally used them form me Slim in 6 beachbody workout and I now use them for P90X. I travel 3 to 4 days per week and I can throw these bands along with my workout DVDs in my bag and get a great workout in while in my hotel room. These bands have been helping to keep my motivated because I no longer have an excuse for skipping workouts while on the road. I love this set because the varying band sizes allow me to continue challenging myself by increasing the resistance without increasing the weight of my suitcase :-). This product is made extremely well and the hand grips are made for comfort. I definitely recommend this product to anyone that will listen and BMP has great quality products. Thanks BMP!!! - Exercise Bands - Fitness - P90x - P90x Resistance Bands'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Exercise Bands - fitness, exercise bands p90x resistance bands Exercise Bands - fitness, exercise bands