Wednesday 15 July 2009

Black And Decker - charger, battery charger


Since I cannot do my entire yard on one battery, this makes it easier since I can charge an additional battery while I am using the other. As advertised, it charges an 18V battery in one hour and the 24V battery in two hours. I like the fact that you can charge different size batteries in this charger. Black & Decker BDFC240 9.6 Volt to 24 Volt Battery Charger For NST1024 String Trimmer And NHT524 Hedge Trimmer

I have 5 batteries now and I love that I can charge all of them in under half a day now. If you have multiple Black and Decker accessories and batteries then this is a great time saver. Plus it will not ruin your batteries if you leave it on the charger for too long like the standard charger will do.

Bought this early July 2010 and used it about 8 times over two days to recharge two older and one new 18V batteries while I pruned a LOT of bushes. It worked very well, as advertised. It did take a little longer than the advertised time of 1 - 2 hours to recharge the older (near end-of-life) batteries. But the new battery repeatedly recharged in under an hour. I really like that it can be wall mounted, though it could use two mounting holes, not just one. With just the one hole, it tends to rotate a little as you are inserting or removing batteries. HINT: to prevent the rotation, I put a small screw in the wall so that the screw head fit inside one of the standoff feet --- problem solved!

As stated, this is more than a good battery charger. It charges all the battery types as promised and provide a health check on the battery so you know if you should replace it. Works like a charm, love it.

Decided to purchase this charger because it will charge the B&D 24 volt trimmer battery in about an hour and a half. It will not overcharge the battery and it will let you know if there is something wrong with it. The charger that came with the 24 volt trimmer takes about ten hours to recharge the 24 volt battery and it does not make it clear if you can leave it on the charger for an extended period without damage and it does not have the trouble indicator. Delivery was prompt - actually arrived a day early.

I bought this charger for my Black and Decker rechargable string trimmer. The trimmer came with a small charger that slipped on the battery and it took about 10 hours to charge the battery. I ordered the Black and Decker BDFC240 9.6 volt to 24 volt charger and received it within a week. It works great. It charges my Ni-Cad 24 volt battery in 2.5 hrs. I have two batterys because the ni-cads only last about 10 to 15 minutes. Which is long enough for me to do the trimming needed, though if I ever replace my trimmer I will get one with the smaller, lighter weight ion battery. I would highly recommend this charger.

I had to charge my 24v battery for my trimmer. It takes more than 2 hours as described from the description. I am glad I had it, because it also charges my 18v battery. Very easy to understand. When charging it is blinking light. When finished, it is solid light. For the price, I think it is a great charger.

Well its WAY faster then the standard. Over 30 min for a really dead or old battery, If i purchased again i would but the double version. One battery at a time won't get you far on a large garden or multiple tools. Two charging and one using it the best formula for 18V NiCD batteries. Wish cheaper NiMh batteries would come out already.... - Battery Charger - Black And Decker - 12v - Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Black And Decker - charger, battery charger charger Black And Decker - charger, battery charger