Friday 10 July 2009

16 Gb Usb Flash Drive - flash drive, 32gb flash drive


Edit to review... the more I worked with it at home, the more I noticed it was faster on my home PC. My initial test were on my work laptop. I think the software we have on our work PC's may limit the speed of the USB ports as it scans what is being done.



I did the same test at home under Vista and got a 31.24 MB/s read and a 20.43 MB/s write so it's actually faster than they advertised. Wow. I posted a screen shot of the results in the User's Pics.



I would still like it in a metal case, but because it has everything else going for it, I'm taking it from a 4 star to a 5 star because I really like this drive. It's doing everything that I need it to. I think I may even buy another.



----------------------------------



Long story short - this is a nice drive (so far). You should get it if you need a small, light, fast, 32 GB USB flash drive. I gave it 4 stars only because it doesn't feel as though it would be a rugged drive and the black plastic. If it had a metal casing, I'd have given it 5. Read on for more info though.



I was skeptical about getting this drive. It is fairly new to the market, and I couldn't find many reviews on it. I'd just gotten a Cruzer locally and luckily it was still in the packaging since when I looked it up at home, I saw how many people didn't like how slow it was. To me, that's part of getting a big 32 GB drive. If it were a small one I was going to keep some documents on, it wouldn't mean so much, but this drive was going to be an all purpose one. One of them was to sometimes move large amounts of data between computers. I didn't want that process to take 6 hours.



I was told that I should get an OCZ, but this one was on Amazon in stock. I could get it shipped that night if I placed an order within 35 minutes. I decided to TOFTT. As promised, Amazon shipped it that night, and I got it the next morning.



I benchmarked the drive with Crystal Disk Mark (it's portable and free). Doing a sequential 100 MB file gave me 24.57 MB read and 17.25 MB write. The write speed almost hit the advertised 18 MB and is a lot better than some others I was seeing in the internet searches. Real world test, I was able to transfer a 1.5 GB file to it in under 2 minutes.



I think it will meet my speed needs so I can now replace carrying my USB hard drive with it. On trips, flights, going to meetings, etc it will be much smaller, and I won't have USB cables stretched across the table. This drive is smaller than many I've looked at and is very light. It's going to stick out from my laptop less than my wireless mouse adapter.



The look, finish, and feel remind me of the back of my iPhone 3G. Black plastic that shows finger prints and looks as though it would scratch easily. I'm going to keep in in a USB wallet so that won't be as big of an issue. Because of the wallet too, I'm not as concerned about losing the cap. If you need something rugged to put on your keyring, this may not be the best one. For my needs though it will be good. Transcend JetFlash 600 - 32 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive TS32GJF600 (Black)

Time is money and I have saved enough time waiting for booting or copying files to pay for all 4 of these high speed USB flash drives. I use it to transfer large creative files to clients. I use a few that are dedicated strictly for computer repair - one for Windows, one for Mac and one for Windows anti-virus. Try quickly troubleshooting a computer without opening it up where not only the OS is broken, but so is the CD/DVD drive! Use it once to make a client happy and the flash drive pays for itself. The Transcend lifetime guarantee is just icing on a very yummy cake.



I also have a JetFlash 300 which I have used for years. It's still going strong and working hard. Pay less for a no-name or less reliable flash drive, and you'll end up paying more by needing to replace it. Transcend flash drives are small, stylish, and reliable.

Great price for a 32 GB flash drive. I tried it out and it took about 40 minutes to offload 28 GB of pictures and video, so I am not sure if that is a fast speed. The flash drive is very small and looks real nice in black. It feels very fragile though, so I would recommend being careful with it and maybe placing it a little bubble pouch when carrying it around. For the price, you can't beat it.

This drive is VERY fast, and it's slim enough to use with the USB port on the bottom of a new Apple Mac keyboard. Mine went through the laundry and came out unscathed. It's also low power enough to work from the keyboard USB on a Mac, which is a real convenience. Very happy with this product, a good value.

This flash drive is great a nice size for a Ubuntu(linux) partition with 2 GB of swap. Linux preforms wonderfully and does not seem slow at all. I even run a VM off of Linux while the actual files of the VM(Virtual Machine) are on my hard disk drive. Im not sure how well it will work with other operating systems but i Imagine that as long as it is not windows it would work well. My only complaint is that i already lost the cap its small and hard to find unless you are good at keeping track of things like that.

I love this drive. Very fast data retrieval. The software from Transcend, Jetflash elite leaves a lot to be desired. I downloaded Signup Shield portable because this is the best software I have found for a jump drive and password storage. The delivery was as promissed and on time. Thank you!

I have several USB flash drives and SD cards from different brands that I bought during last 6 months (Lexar 8GB, ULTRA 4GB, Patriot 4GB? SanDisk 16GB etc).

This Transcend JetFlash 600 32GB is much faster all of them.

I've changed my review three times on this. Benchmarked and also timed folder transfers. For a 300 MB directory, it took about 1 min and 3 secs on a Mac desktop. I did this also with a 32GB Patriot Xporter and 16 GB Voyager Corsair which gave 1 min 32 secs and 1 min 54 secs respectively. Ergo, the 600 is much faster than competitors. I'm giving it five stars even though the case really is fragile but speed is the overwhelming factor for me.



I also tried benchmarking the Jetflash 600 with HD Tune pro with windows 7 - 64 bit. It gave disappointing results, around 13 MB/s writes and 17 MB/s reads. Don't understand the discrepancy between the PC and Mac here but I'm guessing the win 7 driver is not the best. - 32 Gb Flash Drive - Flash Drive - 32gb Flash Drive - Usb Flash Drive'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


16 Gb Usb Flash Drive - flash drive, 32gb flash drive usb flash drive 16 Gb Usb Flash Drive - flash drive, 32gb flash drive