Thursday 25 June 2009

Weighted Vest - weight vests, vest


I've been using the weighted vest now for 5+ weeks. I began with just power walking in it 5 days a week. Then added running of stairs in it for 2 minute intervals and then occasionally jogging in it. Within 2 weeks I noticed a large rip by the chest area on the left hand side. Luckily it is not a structural rip, but does make me nervous that it will not last so I've been reduced to only power walking with the vest 5 days a week and no running at all, as the material does not seem to be able to handle the added stress of bouncing. So if you are only going to be walking in it and not bouncing then this will work great for you. Valeo 20-Pound Weighted Vest

I've been using the Valeo weight vest for about eight weeks during daily, ~60-minute treadmill sessions. I've found it to be a great addition to my workouts as well as a comfortable and well constructed product.



Pros:

a) It fits comfortably with plenty of wide strap adjustments and snap buckles to keep it snug during workouts. This vest does not flap around during exercise.

b) It is well constructed- stitching is still solid, removable sand weights are easy to use, velcro holds weights securely. The vest has some reflective trim too for poor lighting situations on trails and roads. I have a hunch it will outlive my ability to jog with it!



Cons:

a) It's pretty expensive, tho' it should last forever...

b) The high right side, skinny "ipod pocket" is inconveniently placed and hard to open/close. Although the pocket functions, it'd be nice to have a small pocket that's easier to open with one hand and more conveniently located- for keys, headphones, cell, or ipod.



If I were buying this type of workout gear all over again, I'd happily buy this vest.

Bought this item for my son. With average use, (2-3 days a week) the vest did not last long. Investing in a more expensive vest would have saved money in the long run. Vest is frayed and torn around most of the seams. Again, poor, poor quality. Not worth the money.

I've had the vest for 2 months. It worked very well until I tried to run with it. The upper weights on the chest have torn from the seems. For $60, I expected the vest to last a lot longer. My mistake.

I just got this vest because I'm really into CrossFit and wanted to improve my performance. On the first day of use I did rowing, lunges and jump-roping. The workout lasted for approximately 28 minutes, and the vest was ruined. There were two large tears at the seams surrounding the top front weights, and the mesh had started ripping as well. If you're doing anything more active than walking, this vest is not for you.

The straps that wrap around the vest lose their tightness within a day or so, if you do intensive training. I would recommend it for those who simply want to power walk, but for those who intend to run... be wary of this flaw. Fact, I never got a chance to even run in it because when I started doing sit-ups and push-ups in it.



I would rate it much better if not for that one problem. However, that one flaw is (to me) the most important aspect of the vest, so it kills the score.



DO NOT BUY unless you plan to do exercises don't demand too much movement, i.e. running, jumping jacks, etc. The straps just can't hold up.

This vest is very comfortable, and the weight is distributed well. It is very easy to put on, tighten, and adjust. Also, I really like that you can very easily adjust the weight. I have used this vest since last Christmas, and it seems to be holding up pretty well even though I do a lot of quick movements while wearing it. However, do not run very much with this vest on; it shifts a lot and doesn't seem to be built for that. I don't use an iPod while exercising, but the location of the pocket seems strange to me. Other than that, I really have enjoyed this vest. - Fitness Gear - Valeo - Vest - Weight Vests'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Weighted Vest - weight vests, vest valeo Weighted Vest - weight vests, vest