Thursday 25 June 2009

Barbecue Leather Gloves - fire tending gloves, gloves


I heat my home primarily with a woodstove. I often have my hands near high heat. With these gloves I've experienced no discomfort or difficulty manipulating the wood. Plus the leather and lining are quite malleable. Heat Resistant Fireplace and Barbecue Gloves

These gloves are great for the money spent. First thing I would like to talk about are the pros and later I will discuss the cons.



The Pros of this product are numerous.

1. As long as you are wearing long sleeves, the comparatively short gloves are completely sufficient at protecting your wrist and forearm.

2. Durable in high heat

3. Comfortable inside lining

4. Rather stylish



The Cons are.

1. When gripping metal at around 800 degrees Fahrenheit (roughly 400 C) These gloves start to melt a little bit and are not sufficient at keeping out the heat.

2. It is hard to clean the inside lining. Especially if you are grilling with raw meat and a rub. So wash your hands first. I know this is a bit of a hassle but you don't want to tear your inside lining, which can happen when you clean it.



The cons are only applicable in certain circumstances which is why I would recommend this product. It is going to rock the gloves off your basic oven mitten :-)

I was looking for something to use with my propane grill that would allow me to remove various cooking utensils (mostly skewers and my fish-grilling basket) from the grilltop with more dexterity than the usual oven mitt. These gloves are handsome looking and very comfortable, but are nearly useless when it comes to heat resistance. If I grip a hot skewer for the 5-10 seconds required to remove meat or vegetables from it, my hand becomes very uncomfortable and I have to shift the skewer from one hand to the other. After just three uses, the fingertips of both gloves have partially melted and show the imprints of the round skewer heads on them. I have cotton oven mitts that are more heat resistant than these gloves, which is a shame because the gloves are very reasonably priced and seem nicely constructed. I would not recommend these for use with a barbecue grill. I am amazed that other users have given them such high praise; maybe the manufacturer has cheapened them or I got a defective pair.

I bought these gloves on Amazon for $19.96, and they were well worth it. They are sturdy, long enough in the cuffs and thick enough in the hands to protect from the heat of a fire. They look good, too. The black color of the glove part doesn't show the dark soot from burnt logs and ashes. The red cuffs do show a bit of dirt, but it's not that big a deal, in my opinion. Overall, these gloves are a good value.

The heat resistant fireplace and barbecue gloves do a great job, I use them for my fireplace,they keep my hands clean as well as protected form the fire and heat. Go Gloves got them to me very promptly .I look forward to making many winter nights fires in my fireplace.

I have had these gloves for about a year and they work very well for adding logs to my fire place. I have manipulated hot logs and have not felt any discomfort. They might be a bit bulky for grilling, though.

These are great gloves for bbqing. Picking up and moving hot grates and moving any hot bbq equipment for that matter is no problem.



They're good enough where you might find yourself feeling confident enough to pick up a hot, lit, coal. It'll be ok for a few seconds but then you'll feel it. I guess that's what tongs are for.

As the proud owner of a new Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 inch smoker, I wanted to make sure I had an excellent pair of gloves for handling the various heavy parts of this smoker, especially when they're hot. (Picking up a heavy smoker filled with precious pork butt and ribs with thin gloves will make your arms feel like Kwai Chang Caine from the old TV show "Kung Fu" carrying that "arm-be-que" thing... not good.) These gloves are well made with tight stitching throughout, the interior is lined with a soft cotton-like material,they fit my somewhat large hands comfortably, and they insulate extremely well. And at about $20.00 and free shipping (arrived in 4 days), you can't go wrong. - Gloves - Barbecue Leather Gloves - Fireplace - Fire Tending Gloves'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Barbecue Leather Gloves - fire tending gloves, gloves gloves Barbecue Leather Gloves - fire tending gloves, gloves