Thursday 18 June 2009

Recipricating Saw - electric, black and decker


This product is comparable to the Stanley 20-045 15-Inch Fat Max Hand Saw and works just as well, but has a protective cover on it and is of course longer. It works great on small trees and branches, cutting them with no problem. I bought this and a bow saw and much prefer this to to the bow saw so far. It's a great quality product for a great price. Stanley 20-047 20-Inch Blade Length x 9 Points Per Inch FatMax Saw with Blade Armor Coating

The Stanley 20-047 deserves its excellent feedback. The slick blade coating really works and is surprisingly durable. My son told me that his work crew used to used Stanley saws with hardened teeth to cut wood forms coated with concrete dust. He said the handles fell apart after months of use before the teeth ever got dull.



I was ignorant about modern saw technology when I bought the Stanley saw. I now realize that some saws made by other manufacturers have most of features Stanley offers on the FatMax. Stanley itself makes a variety of saws, and not all have the same features. Amazon frequently changes the prices of its products. It might be worth your time to see the prices & features of Nicholson, Great Neck, Pony, Irwin and other brands. You will have a hard time finding the thick blade of the FatMax. But you can find the special-ground hardened teeth and anti-friction coatings.



The Stanley 20-047 is advertised as a timber saw. I don't know what they mean by that expression. I think that some people call construction lumber "timbers." Maybe that's what Stanley means. I need saws to cut fire wood. Sap stuck to the saw's slick, black coating, when cutting Arizona Cypress. (Nothing else has stuck to it so far.) I lubricated the coating with kerosene. The kerosene dissolved the sap. The kerosene does not appear to damage the anti-friction coating. I am surprised that the black coating has only worn away from the tips of the teeth even after hundreds of cuts. The rigid blade outperforms several other new hand saws since it doesn't bend on the push-stroke. To get acceptable performance from my other saws, I have to lubricate the blades & cut only on the pull-stroke.

Have used this saw on several projects and have really been very impressed with its performance! Feels great in your hand and the saw blade is extremely rigid so it doesn't bend or bind up on you. I can cut through treated 4X4s in no time and provides a nice clean cut. Cuts through 2X4s really quick! The saw is very smooth and glides through the wood really well. I was worried that using a 9 PPI saw would leave a rugged cut but it is not the case at all. All steel, with protective coating construction, really helps when using it up here in the northwest with all this rain. This is my favorite hand saw! Way to go Stanley Tools! - Handsaw - Saw - Black And Decker - Electric'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Recipricating Saw - electric, black and decker handsaw Recipricating Saw - electric, black and decker