Wednesday 13 May 2009

Getpreparedstuf - rc airplane, power meter


This item is marketed primarily by and in support of RC enthusiasts (toy makers and users). It, however, is not a toy and could cause harm if misused. I purchased the Watt's Up meter to monitor large batteries powering telescopes, associated computers, heaters and lights. This is in an outdoor environment subject to cold and moisture. Follow the instructions and be prepared to be delighted. Perhaps one of the few items on the market which delivers exactly what it is designed to do. Because my application is at night, I wish it had a backlight, but that's not a major problem. My astronomy gear is expensive, portable and uses DC power. The Watt's Up allows me to see what my electronics are really doing in the field, compared to what the manufactors say they are suppose to do. That means early warning for batteries, heaters, internal components (computers, motors and chip sets) and in the environment they are used. The Watt's up is well made, weather resistant, and compact. During a session, it even records relavant data and continually updates itself. It won't pour your coffee, but it will watch your DC systems better than you could without it. A very, very good buy. "Watt's Up" RC Watt Meter & Power Analyzer WU100 Version 2 --- SALE!

I purchased this meter after learning about it on a few of the solar power forums on the net. I am using it to monitor a small home solar power system. So far I am very pleased. I especially like the fact that it will measure amps and watts over time, along with minimum voltage and peak currents. I would say it is indispensable for maintaining or tuning a small solar set up. I have only been using it for a few days but if it lasts I am very pleased. The 60 amp limit is a real plus.

This device is being used as an eBike power monitor. It's very easy to install and works exactly as advertised. Shows instantaneous Volts, Amps,and Watts. After a ride, it shows the total energy used in WattHours, and the peak current and power used during the ride, as well as the minimum battery voltage. Extremely useful for monitoring battery consumption and condition. It will not quantitatively display regenerated current but it does show the rise in battery voltage during regenerative braking. Excellent product; excellent price.

I was very concerned seeing that it had 14AWG wire for up to 100A peak. But I tested it at about 53A for several hours and I had no problem with the wire size. I did find that when the unit warmed up the LCD screen was basically unreadable... I directed a small fan on the unit (actually it was the exhaust fan of the invereter it's attached to) and that cooled the unit and made the LCD readable again. Fantastic device! Highly recommended. FYI, this one has limited Amp-Hour limit but much higher Watt-Hour limit. Check out their website for why they believe Watt-Hour is better than Amp-Hour. [...]

I could not use the item I bought from Battery Superstore and I sent it back. They were great, and credited my card. I am very appreciative. Did not get to use the item since my electric bike broke. - Getpreparedstuf - Rc Airplane - Power Meter - Power Monitor'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Getpreparedstuf - rc airplane, power meter getpreparedstuf Getpreparedstuf - rc airplane, power meter