Wednesday 1 April 2009

Adjustable - adjustable, ankle weights


In the Spring of 2006, I purchased the 10 lb adjustable Ankle weight set, which is the same as the 5 lb set, save for additional weights. Two weeks ago, one of the acrylic cinchs that the velcro strap slides through broke. I called GOFit's customer service line, and explained what had occurred. The pleasant and helpful rep took all of my information, and said they would send me another set of ankle weights. I was stunned. I assured the rep that wasn't necessary, and all I desired was one replacement. No weights, etc. She said that was fine.

Today I received an entire replacement set for both ankle's, and additional weights! GoFit went far and above my expectations, and I am pleased to leave them this revue of their fine product! GoFit GF-5W Adjustable Ankle Weights (5 lb)

I've worn many an ankle weight in my time and I have to say this is a quality product. The construction is durable and well made. The weights weigh what they are supposed to. The zipper is easy to manuever and the weight sacks are easy to remove and put back in again. The best ankle weights are the kind with a hook and slide through velcro strap. The strap is long and the velcro stays put. They seem like they'll last a long time and won't easily fall apart on you. The price is low and is a great deal for what you get.



A couple of cons however include one mind-boggling conundrum. I am a woman. My ankles, with socks, measure 9 inches around. My lower calf is 11 inches. The go-fit weights, not including strap are 12 1/2 inches long. However the diameter, when closed, does not make it all the way around my ankle. There is a 2 inch gap between the ends of the weight that is nothing but strap. As such and unfortunately, the weight is left hanging by nothing but two inches of strap. You can pull it as tight as possible and still it won't make it all the way around. This causes the weight to eventually slip and is left hanging off one side of your foot. It can get quite uncomfortable. My ideal weight would be at least 14 inches long and have two long pull through straps, one near the top and one near the bottom.



Another con, is the weights are very noisy and can only be used when "working out". When you walk, all you hear is slosh, slosh, slosh. I prefer to be able to wear my weights any time under my pants when I'm running errands or doing alot of walking but these are too noisy to go unnoticed. My ideal weight would have thin, solid removable weights instead of the bean-bag type.



This product is four-star but I gave it only three because unless there is an upgrade in style design, I probably won't buy these weights again.

These weights work pretty well. I like the adjustability of the weights (1-5 lbs per leg). It works great for my physical therapy program. They aren't too hard to change in and out of the pockets either like some similar products. The only problem I have had with them is getting them tight enough to stay on my ankles and not slip down, but I do have pretty small ankles. I can put a washcloth under the weights to keep them in place, so I can work with it.



Overall, I am pleased with them and the price is reasonable for what you get.

There's not much to these ankle weights so not much to go wrong. They are just as described. Easy to put on and take off, and they don't just fall off. They seem to be the correct weight. What more could I ask?

I started using these weights as part of my physical therapy after I had surgery on both knees. The fit was good for me, though there was a gap of about 1 1/2" at the point of closure. The canvas casing has a zipper at the top and you can insert the appropriate weights to customize it to the weight needed. In my case, I started out with about a pound in each weight and I upped the overall weight in each as I gained strength in my knees/legs. The zipper manages to support the clever design (which has pockets for the individual weights) and the weights stay securely in place.

The construction seems fairly good. They are used daily and they still look new after 6 months of use. Given the price and flexibility, this was a good choice for me.

I bought these weights to help me with exercises to strengthen my knee after physical therapy. They work perfectly for me, but my husband found them to be way to light for him. They are 2.5 pounds each, so that's the max. I'm thinking now that maybe I should have gotten the weights that were 5 pounds each, since they are adjustable and I could have taken the extra weight out until I was ready for it. But the point is if this is the weight amount you're looking for and you don't want anything heavier, then these should work fine for you.

I bought these ankle weights to use in conjunction with my Powerblocks. The Powerblocks are adjustable dumbbells that go from 5 pound per dumbbell to 45 pounds per dumbbell in 5 lb. increments. I needed an in-between each increment and so these weights fill the gap. If I need an 18.5 pound weight, I just slip these on, set my weights to 15 and there I have it. The weights are very high quality. The velcro stays firmly in place. They're great. - Exercise - Walking - Ankle Weights - Adjustable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Adjustable - adjustable, ankle weights ankle weights Adjustable - adjustable, ankle weights