Wednesday 1 April 2009

120hz Refresh Rate - led tv, 120hz


I purchased this Samsung after returning a 2010 46" Sony EX500. Sony was always a standard in quality for me, but something has really gone amis in the past few years. The television just lacked the deep black levels and crisp whites that make an impressive picture. That aside, this model Samsung was a downgrade in screen size, but a big increase in quality.



The picture is amazing. Although there are some issues with extremely fast movement, creating "artifacts", the picture quality is superb. The LED back-lighting is new in my household, so we weren't sure what to expect. The blacks are inky, and the brights could sear eyeballs if you turn the brightness to maximum. Compared to the Sony, changing channels is super quick and the remote control feels lighter and has a more intuitive layout. What's interesting to me is that the picture this Samsung produces is much smoother than what I've witnessed on any other TV. Whatever the difference their video-processing provides, I like it. This may sounds strange, but if you stare at this Samsung, versus almost any other maker, you'll be able to recall more of what you saw in the picture. Maybe the picture is easier on your eyes, but in the end it "just works".



Don't expect everything to be perfect though. In extremely fast scenes, the "artifact" issues are noticeable. There is also a screen uniformity issue on my unit where the bottom right and left tend to bloom with light when the screen should be deep black and the LED back-light is on. (Dear Samsung: if you can fix my unit, I'll up my score from FOUR stars to FIVE).



Overall, I would recommend this television for consumers looking for a 3-5 year television investment. 3-D televisions are going to be the next big thing, but if you don't want to spend a fortune paying off 3-D TV makers development costs, this is the TV for you. Samsung UN40C6300 40-Inch 1080p LED TV - Graphite

First, let me start by saying I was lured in by Samsung's reputation from years past. They really did make some fantastic televisions and I was caught up by the hype.



The number one most grating flaw of this television is caused by what has been termed the "panel lottery". Basically Samsung no longer produces all of the panels it uses in this model, instead outsources to different manufacturers.



I ended up with a CN02 panel which is by a chineese manufacturer and is considered the bottom of the barrel and can agree. What caused me to learn of this lottery was internet research as to why my TV looked so awful compared to the ones in the stores.



What really destroyed this TV for me was horrible, (AND I MEAN HORRIBLE) backlight bleeding/flashlighting. Uniformity on the CN02 panel is the worst I have ever seen on any LCD including computer monitors. I had a distinct X pattern from all 4 corners including circles ranging in diameter from a baseball to a marble scattered all throughout the image.



Rather then play the lottery again since you cannot specify which panel you want inside the television, I set up an exchange through amazon which was fantastic and purchased an LG model instead which cost the same, is slightly bigger, and has many more features. Best off, the LG models seem to use one uniform IPS panel instead of these god awful CN panels samsung is trying to get away with.



I'm not saying this set will be horrible for everyone. Maybe I just got horribly unlucky with a bad panel, but based on the numerous online discussions regarding samsung's quality control issues and panel lottery, i'd rather not take the chance on another.



Goodbye Samsung.

Purchased this via Amazon.com and have now had for about a month. This is a great High Definition TV(my 3rd) especially where space is a limitation. The picture quality is excellent - very clear and the image nearly jumps off the screen. It is ultra sharp with little to no processing artifacts. I also have a Sony BRAVIA LCD 40" which is 2-3 years old but the picture is no where near as clear and free of artifacts as the Samsung 40" LED-LCD and the Samsung generates less hear - i.e. uses less power. Highly recommended in this screen size class.

after some research, I bought this samsung (non-3d, non-240hz) due to the ratings and seeing it at several retail outlets. the ratings had the biggest drawback being the price ( originally $1950 ? ), so as the price tumbled it seemed a good deal. I bought it for $1259+ nj tax from best buy; bought it online and picked it up( no shipping). what jumps out at you first is the plate glass front and the thinness--very stylish tho that's secondary to performance for me.



it was jarringly clear from the getgo, making ordinary shows like "The Tudors" look like they were filmed on videotape and not film or digital.



it was actually a little distracting and I had to turn down the clarity. the most amazing attribute is that on some shows it betrays the set lighting effects. you can detect the the keylight on actors faces.



my one gripe is that samsung has not as yet given purchasers any direction in customizing the settings and they NEED customization. it is left on the consumer to figure it out with no guidance about "jutter" or why the info box says 60hz when the specs say it should be 120hz.



the calibration websites have nothing on these models yet either and the danger is that they will skip over these models and focus on the new 3D sets coming out.



so after all that griping, I still wouldn't send it back despite it not being perfect, its 'imperfection" still leaves an amazing picture, can't wait to see how the NFL games look.

This TV blew me away when I first set it up (no tweaking). I turned on some random nature show (high def of course) and it nearly looked 3D. The color, clarity, and contrast were outstanding. And with my PS3/blue ray player movies have that theater like quality. Watching Avatar was actually better than the theater!! The only issue is the sound. However, if you are getting a TV like this you should be hooking it to surround sound!



Oh yea, even the low def channels look good. - Samsung - Led Tv - 40 Inch - 120hz'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


120hz Refresh Rate - led tv, 120hz 120hz 120hz Refresh Rate - led tv, 120hz