Sunday 29 March 2009

Remote Garage Door Opener - garage door remote, garage door remote controls


I just received my garage door opener in the mail. The instructions inside weren't very helpful but I did a quick internet search and found out how to program the remote. It was very easy and the remote works very good. My garage door opener is very old, 1985, so I was not sure if I would be able to find a remote that would work. The old system is a cut wire opener but this remote worked perfectly for it. I was going to spring more money for one that looked more stylish but wasn't sure of compatibility. I am happy with this remote and thanks to the other buyers comments I made the right choice, so thanks to those who left a review. If it helps anyone else I have a Stanley 1/4hp garage door opener and this remote worked for me. Stanley 1050 Garage Door Remote Transmitter

This seems to be an exact replacement of the original opener that came with the garage door. The price was great -- cheaper than I could find at the local stores for a generic opener. It works as it should and has a longer range than the generic opener it replaced.

This remote works with my prehistoric Stanley 1/4 hp cutwire garage door opener. The instructions were clear, and it was easy to program. Not too stylish, and a bit cheap in feel even as far as garage door openers go, but hey; it's a garage door opener.

Stanley is a company my family has used for over 30 years. It's great, it does what it's made to do. The only negative thing is it's long term durability. After say years of use the push button breaks at the tip that pushes the button and then whole flat piece it falls into the case. That's when it becomes a pain, since the button inside is much smaller, I would stick my finger in and would have to feel for it, say if I was coming home at night and it's dark. I suppose since it is made of plastic, it's not surprising that over time it would eventually break.



However, I did find online that they do sell affordable replacement cases. - Remote Garage Door Opener - Garage Door Remote Controls - Garage Door Openers - Garage Door Remote'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Remote Garage Door Opener - garage door remote, garage door remote controls garage door remote controls Remote Garage Door Opener - garage door remote, garage door remote controls