Sunday 29 March 2009

Diving Fins


I used these fins on a week-long diving trip and they were great.



Very comfortable--no rubbing or blisters. They're flexible (easier to pack) and powerful. They also held up under tight packing and a lot of use.



While some expensive fins may give you more boost, for the price these can't be beat.



RUNS A BIT SMALL: I recommend you buy them slightly larger than you need. I thought I'd need the Large, to size 11, but I'd tried them on in a store and found them too small, so the 11.5-13 were more comfortable. U.S. Divers Proflex II Diving Fins (Large, 9.5-11.5)

When I first got these I tried them on and was surprised at how

comfortable they were. I didn't have any of that 'rubber biting at

the back of my heel' feel. They fit really well. I'm a size 12, so

I got the 11.5 to 13 size.

As to performance; for the short time I wore them thay seemed more than

adequate. But, not having worn fins for a long time, my calves were

straining with each kick, so I opted to swim without them more than with

them.

I would be perfectly willing to recommend these to anyone considering

them. For the money I thought they were excellent.

If you are a snorkeler, then you know what you need and this fin better be on your list of gear! It gives you maximum thrust for your kick. It's got style, comfort and power. It's design makes it easy to carry and it travels well. You can't ask for much more!

Lightweight, moderate thrust, won't wear you out due to the cut outs if you are not used to fins. If you are looking for maximum thrust, get a solid (no holes), stiff fin that wont flex in half if you try to force kick to swim faster. This is a moderate weight fin overall, good to play with.

The fins are very comfortable to wear. I am shoe size 8 (medium) and my wife is size 5 (small). My only hesitation is that the fins seem too flexible compared to others we've used. We snorkeled for half a day with these and found them effective, though wished they were a bit stiffer. For the price they are really good.

I bought these for my fiance during our engagement trip to Kauai a while back. She's a size 8 and the mediums fit her perfectly. They were comfortable and even after wearing them for several hours she did not feel any discomfort and they didn't leave any kind of mark or blister. The design is great and they are definitely very fast in the water.



I like that they are light weight and easy to pack. My fins on the other hand are bulkier and more of a pain to fit in a day pack.



I would definitely recommend these fins for the recreational snorkeler or diver.

Even in some pretty strong currents in the Belize reefs, these fins imbued confidence. When choosing a size, go to the US Divers web site and see the size chart--it is for men only. Then Google a men-to-women shoe size conversion chart if you're female. We did this for 6 family members and it worked like a charm. Very comfy fins.

Very comfortable. I wear size 10 shoes, and got the large 9.5-11.5 size. They fit great without any rubbing or discomfort. We snorkeled for hours at a time as well. If you are looking for a full sized fin at a good price with plenty of power, these are great.



I have also tried a pair of travel fins since though, and like them better, because I don't cramp up as much with them, and they are also very comfortable.



So, if you want the full fin, then this should be a 5 star review, but I took one off, because I found something I like more.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Diving Fins Diving Fins Diving Fins