Sunday 29 March 2009

Flat Panel - energy, 3d


This TV is the same as the Samsung UN46C7000 sold through other retailers. Their specifications are identical. However, the UN46C7100 does not come with the stand pictured. The included stand is very appealing, but not the same as what is pictured (pictured is the X shaped stand, the included stand is a stainless steel rectangle).



I purchased this TV to replace a 3 year old Hitachi 42" Plasma (1080i) TV. I had intended to purchase a 42" LED LCD. Didn't realize I would go home with a Samsung 3D LED-TV. I had thought to purchase a 42" Vizio 3D LED Razor model for $999. However after comparing the image quality (clarity, edge sharpness, etc) to the Samsung units nearby my wife and I decided we couldn't do it. Vizio makes a decent TV, but Samsung simply cannot be beat. I had two options, the Samsung 46" LED LCD, or the Samsung 46" 3D LED LCD. Because of a bundle package on the 3D set I went for that. I spent about $500 more than I would have on the 42" Vizio, but the image quality is leaps better.



The picture quality, both image clarity and color reproduction, on this television is phenomenal. And it's very small package (it's only 1" thick with the base/stand removed) is very convenient. The menu is easy to navigate, responds fairly quickly, and contains a lot of user definable functions. The menu even gives you easy access to "Expert Patterns" which allow you to display on screen black & grey images, and color images so you can adjust the Contrast, Brightness, and color settings to make them as accurate as possible. This is great for those who require the absolute best picture (most accurate) possible.



Sound Quality is a huge deal as well. I have yet to turn the volume up past 30% on this TV yet, even when watching movies. When watching TV I usually have it set between 15 and 20%. Movie watching I usually bump it to 25-30% but never higher. I wanted to buy a soundbar with my old TV; but honestly there's not much point in doing so with this TV for my room. It does a great job on it's own!



The TV also allows you to turn regular 2D images into 3D replicas so you can take advantage of the 3D glasses that come with the TV. Sure it's "fake 3D" but it's pretty cool too. Because this is a true 3D capable TV, it utilizes a 240Hz refresh rate which equates to much smoother picture during rapid movement. Action scenes and sports programs are much smoother.



The TV also has built in Internet@TV applications provided by Samsung. This allows you to connect a home network cable for internet access (note there is NO WiFi built in). Although you cannot browse the internet, you can use the built in apps (there are more you can pay to download) to access Twitter, Facebook, Netflix, Vudu (pay-per-view movies), and Pandora (free radio). Since the TV doesn't have WiFi, I'm using a Blu-Ray player that has built in WiFi to access Netflix movies. Since my Blu-Ray player is also a Samsung unit, the TV syncs up and communicates with the player. This feature (Anynet+) allows me to use one Samsung remote control to navigate on screen menus without changing remote functions. Both units power off together from one remote. When I switch the TV to the appropriate HDMI input, the Blu-Ray player turns on by itself!



I've watched 10-20 HD (1080p) movies through Netflix & Vudu on this TV already and the image quality is just astonishing. Even the local HD Broadcast (1080i) feeds look better on this TV than they did on my older true 1080i set.



You simply cannot beat the image quality of this Samsung. Even viewing from close distances (10-15ft) everything is very sharp. Many large format TVs look grainy up close, but Samsung did a fantastic job with this 46". Samsung UN46C7100 46-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D LED HDTV Series 7 1.0" Thin - Efficient - Energy - 3d - 240hz'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Flat Panel - energy, 3d efficient Flat Panel - energy, 3d