Tuesday 31 March 2009

Cpo Bostitch - home, pneumatic


My old narrow crown went down the other day so I bought this at a home improvement warehouse. I usually check to see which is made in the USA first, then durability, then price. This was the only gun in it's price range made in the USA. I use it in case openings, drawerstock and drawer bottoms, built-in backs, or anything thin. (...) Depth of drive adjustment is good, rear exhaust is great,I have always hated the "blow in your face," weight is good, also no oil is a blessing ... no mar. It is so light it feels like plastic, but it is magnesium. I liked the automatic feature..as long as the safety is down, it will fire till you run out of stock. I wish it wouldn't fire without staples though..If I could I would deduct a half star for that. It had the power to consistantly sink 1" staples, but don't know about 1 1/2". It took more than a thousand staples without a hitch building columns...no pretzels. so far so good Bostitch SX150K-1 18 Gauge 1/2-Inch to 1-1/2-Inch Narrow Crown Stapler

I've just purchase my second SX150K from my local Home improvement store only to find it is leaking air from the trigger assembly, right out of the box. I had to return the first one because it was doing the same thing. Also out of the 30 or so staples I shot, 8 were double fires. I just got off the phone with Bostitch customer support and they wanted me to narrow it down to 1 of 3 seals it could have been. No thanks. As soon as I'm done writing this review I'm returning this one also...Update.I just retured from a Bostitch SWAT event, they were unable to repair my leaking tool so they sent me home with a brand new one. That is great customer service.I own 4 other Bostitch air tools with no problems at all.

This stapler was an istant hit in my High School cabinet shop. I teach cabinet making in a public high school,two years ago I purchased a small pnuematic set up (two finish nailers and a small two tank compressor). With a limited budget, I had to put off getting a stapler. I knew I needed one that was easy to change staples and sizes, included a case and could withstand the type of punishment and abuse only a high school student can dish out. It also had to take the standard narrow crown type staples. I recently purchased this one for my self and brought it in to school just to see how my students would take to it. It was instantly the tool of choice when attaching the 1/4" cabinet back or draw bottoms. If I happen to bring it home, the next day some student will ask for it. I was recently told to spend about $$$, a gift from the theater dept. for building some sets. I immediatly showed them the specs on this one, I'm expecting it soon then I'll finally get to take mine home.

This product has worked quite well for me, but a key feature broke, making is almost obsolete. I had to staple hail screen (hardware cloth) to a wooden frame. This required placing the safety mechanism (at the tip) on the screen and firing a staple. When the tip was wide it was not difficult. However, the tip is PLASTIC and it wore through after about 20 hours of work. The metal is very narrow, and was difficult to place on the screen to fire a staple. Consider selecting a stapler that has an all metal safety tip. This part is available from the Stanley/Bostitch website for $0.15, but shipping is $7.00!!!

I've bought it a few days ago, so far very good felling about it. It feels very light, no wind blast in the face, wherever and however you use it...the rear exhaust is push to the oposite way, a very good thing...then no needs to rotate an exhaust like my PC brad nailer :-)Only complain, since it is an industrial model, there is no reset when fire...so you need to be very carefull to hold it secur againt the surface to avoid risk of a double fire....but some folks might like this feature...

I bought this stapler to install crown moulding at my home. It uses 1.5 inch long staple and it went way through both the moulding and the dry wall into the wood. It is accuate, and the precise position allows error finish. I also used it to nail small pieces of dry wall to the wood to repair hole on the ceiling which I made for recess light installation. I got the job done quick ,and it turned out to be a lot more useful than I thought. It's surprising how often you have to nail some thin material and need something that won't just go through the piece as a brad nail often does. This is a quality product and it is very handy. It is a winner you should not miss.

I bought this stapler for general projects and am very happy with the stapler itself. It has always worked very well. I like the oilless feature and the power it has. My caution for anyone thinking about buying this item is the availability of the shorter 1/2 inch and 5/8 inch staples. In my area I went to Home Depot, Lowes and Menards all of which sell the stapler but do not stock the short staples. I wanted them to do an upholstery project. I found them on the net but this delayed the project until the staples arrived in the mail. That is my only warning about buying this or any other tool is make sure they stock the full range of fasteners that can be used with it.

I bought a refurbished SX150K for 1/2 the price and IT WAS NEW NOT A MARK ON IT!!! The first thing I did was to load 1-1/2 inch staples into the gun and shoot about 25 of them into 8/4 oak which set the staples flush into the oak without a problem. In the past I have also bought Bostitch oil free 18 and 16 gauge refurbished guns both were brand new and work without ANY problems. Best guns I have ever had and I have had a lot of nail guns, and these Bostitch guns are made in the USA not China.

I had this Bostitch SX150K stapler for a little over 2 months. I was not impressed with it at ALL! It jammed often, didn't countersink, felt "sloppy", and lacked power to set 1-1/2" staples in hardwood. I ended up selling it on eBay and buying a Ridgid stapler instead. My impression of the Ridgid stapler are, it is superior! Every detail seems to have been carefully thought out with it, fit/finish is superb, no jambs (yet!), tons of power, just as light as the Bostich, and it has a lifetime parts/service warranty! I suggest you steer clear of the Bostitch SX150K, and look at the Ridgid instead. (Check on eBay, I got my for $59.99 + $9.99 S/H!) - Pneumatic - Cpo Bostitch - Home'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cpo Bostitch - home, pneumatic pneumatic Cpo Bostitch - home, pneumatic