Sunday 8 February 2009

Timex Easy Alarm Watch - timex expedition, watches


I have a Rolex Perpetual Datejust and a couple of Seikos. I have been wearing one of these Timex watches for two years. Why? The EasySet or Turn and Pull Alarm is the most useful feature I have ever had on my wrist. As far as I can tell it is unique. Here is how it works. There are two rotating bezels INSIDE the dial; one with a red pointer (for the hour) and one with a black pointer (for the minutes). Your third bezel is the big rotating OUTER bezel that does all the work.



Let's pretend you just called someone and got a busy signal. You don't want to forget to call back, so you reach down, grab the outer bezel, as you spin the outer bezel the inner bezels/dials begin to spin. In an instant you move the minute (black) pointer to ten minutes ahead of the current time. You let go of the outer bezel and pull the second crown (the one at four o'clock) all the way out (two clicks). You are done! In the time it took you to read the first six letter of this paragraph you are DONE. No other watch has an alarm this simple to use. I use it all day long as a reminder for those things that normally "slip" my mind.

I also use it for appointments constantly. All of us have the experience of having an appointment or call scheduled for 3:00 PM (for example) all day you are reminding yourself. You look at your watch about every twenty minutes and then you look down and you are five minutes LATE. You lost track of time! Thousands of watches have alarms but you never use them because you have to go thru too many steps to set them. This is where this Timex excels over every other watch I have.



If you want to set the alarm for more than sixty minutes just twist the bezel until you have both the black and red pointers at the time you want and pull the second crown half-way (one click). Note: This is a twelve hour alarm, you can not set it for more than twelve hours. That never bothers me, I use my cell phones kludgy but efficient day planner for those things.



The alarm is an adequately loud, louder than any of my Seikos. The Indiglo light flashes in time with the alarm and is bright enough that it makes it a cinch to find your watch on a nightstand in the dark!



My original watch has been banged, dropped, immersed, worn out two bands and still works perfectly. There is a black painted stripe inside the outer bezel that flaked after about a year to reveal a brass ring. Once the paint came off the brass ring actually looks better than the painted ring. The Indiglo dial is a Timex feature that rocks. It is super bright, but the color of blue doesn't seem to hurt my night vision. The illumination is probably too bright for life or death surveillance work, but unless terrorist snipers are hunting you in the dark you will be fine.



If you give speeches, teach or preach, this is a perfect time piece. Set it as you go to the lectern, when it beeps you can instantly silence it. It is so easy to set you can actually set it for another five or ten minutes WHILE YOU ARE SPEAKING.



Why do I have three? My first is two years old and still on its original battery. I loved it so much that I wanted a backup. That first model I have is no longer available so I tracked down this T47902 and bought two out of fear they might be discontinued. I may buy one or two more!



I am a gadget person and I have had watches that looked more complicated than a short course if Differential Equations, but this is USEFUL and USABLE. If it fits your needs you will be buying a spare just like I did.



Jeff Timex Men's T47902 Expedition Easy Set Alarm Brown Leather Strap Watch

I purchased this Timex long ago off Amazon and found it to be a very nice watch. It is very heavy and has a good feel to it. The alarm feature is very handy. Some people complain that it is hard to set but the directions are on the back of the watch and after a few tries, it is very easy to do.



Another great feature is the Indiglo light feature. When camping or when the electricity is out, it can come in very handy.



TO GET ANOTHER WATCHBAND: I thought that getting a watchband for the T47902 would be a snap. A quick Google search and I thought I would find numerous places to order it. I was completely wrong. I could not find this anywhere. As a last resort, I called Timex directly and was pleasantly surprised to find the leather replacement band available for $10 including shipping. Just call 1-800-448-4639 and press "1" for English and then hold for customer service and to speak to a real person. Very simple. (this was updated from previously when you had to hit "3" to get to a real person).



I hope this review will help those not so much with picking out this watch but for finding a matching band. Enjoy the watch.



UPDATE: Apparently this watch is no longer being made and the replacement watch is the Timex Men's T45121 Expedition Easy Set Alarm Timex Men's T45121 Expedition Easy Set Alarm Classic Analog Watch which is OK but I prefer this one listed here. If you can still find it, grab it now!

For some reason I am always attracted to Timex Expedition watches especially which has the numerals. This is my 4th Timex watch in last 8 years and I am buying this model for the second time because I am captivated by its look.



As the previous reviewer mentioned, this is bit heavy but I feel very comfortable wearing it. Setting alarm is a breeze.



Only thing I noticed which might or might not be a concern (wrt the battery life) is the indiglo illumination. Most of the time when I fold my wrist the middle button is pressed illuminating the indiglo. It would have been nice they had a different button to the left side of the watch and not to the right side.



Overall this is a very good watch.

the service and delivery were great, but the watch I was replacing, another easy set alarm, was a vibrator alarm watch, I did not know timex had discontinued vibrators and replaced them with audible alarms that unless you are in a total noise free room, there is no way you can hear it, so paying for shipping to send it back was not worth it, not the seller's fault. jose - Watches - Timex Expedition - Indiglo - Great Watch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Timex Easy Alarm Watch - timex expedition, watches indiglo Timex Easy Alarm Watch - timex expedition, watches