Sunday 1 February 2009

Memory Card Wallet - memory card wallet, sd card


Case is very well constructed but the internal arrangement and accommodation of SD cards was not as described or as depicted in the photo. As noted by another reviewer, my case included internal space for 16 mini SD cards, but was arranged differently than depicted in the photo, and made no accommodation for the standard SD cards (the pictured product accommodates both types of cards). Although product number was correct (9010), it looks like manufacturer installed the incorrect rubber storage inserts in the case; it appears to be the insert intended for the model 0920 case. Unlike the other reviewer with the same problem, I did not try to re-cut the rubber inserts to hold SD cards, but rather returned the product to Amazon. Ordered a second unit (model 9010) and it came with the same incorrect inserts. Would reorder if I could be assured of the correct rubber inserts for the 0910 model. Great build quality.



UPDATE: Pelican acknowledged some assembly problems that put the wrong insert in the 0910 case. They sent me the correct replacement case. Great product. Pelican 0910-010-110 Secure Digital Memory Card Case

If you are looking for a GOOD Memory Card Case this case by Pelican won't disappoint. It is very well made and deserves the Pelican name. It has a good weather seal and keeps a good grip on the SD cards I have placed in mine. Some of the other cases out there seem to be a little on the "cheap" side. This guy is sturdy!

This item was exactly what I was looking for to store my SDHC cards for an upcoming trip. I read all of the information that Amazon had on this item and the one that bother me was the size. They have the following listed: Product Dimensions: 9.7 x 6 x 1.5 inches ; 8 ounces. This just seemed way to big for what I was trying to store. I looked around for this item elsewhere and they had the dimensions as something smaller. When comparing the two it looks like Amazon had the right dimensions but they should have been centimeters instead of inches (close to the centimeter dimensions). I wrote and asked Amazon about this and they told me that this is all they had on this item. If I needed more information that I needed to get with the Manufacturer. Amazon had it for $22.81 with free shipping. By the time I looked around and found the manufacture's information and that this was indeed centimeters instead of inches, I ran across the same item for $14.22 and $2.92 shipping for a total price of $17.14. Not a bad deal and the place was fast. Too bad Amazon didn't have time to actually look up this item and tell me the correct measurements because I would not have gone any further and purchased it from them. It is still a good deal at $22.81 but if your customer service can't answer a simple questions, and I have to go somewhere else to find the information that I needed, then I will purchase at the lower price at the place that gave me the correct information.

Here are the actual sizes from the place I purchased this item for those who would like to know:



Exterior Dimensions: 5.00" x 3.30" x 0.95"

(L x W x D) (12.7 x 8.4 x 2.4 cm)



Interior Dimensions: 4.20" x 2.30" x 0.56"

(L x W x D) (10.7 x 5.8 x 1.4 cm)



Lid Depth: 0.26" (0.7 cm)

Bottom Depth: 0.30" (0.8 cm)

Total Depth: 0.56" (1.4 cm)

Weight w/Foam: 4.48 ounces .28 lbs. (0.13 kg)

Weight w/o Foam: 2.72 ounces .17 lbs. (0.08 kg)

Colors: Black



Great storage for SD cards as well as micro cards.

Liked it so much, I bought a second one. I didn't want to discover if SD cards work after a couple of hours in the pocket of my hiking shorts. As a long time user of other Pelican products, I knew this was the solution. Last weekend, I dropped on a flooded trail, no problem. Pelican, when you really want the insides to stay dry.

I purchased this product after considerable online review of multiple types of media cases. This case is truly a great choice. I have not had one problem with the cards dislodging from their locations. They are in place every time I open this case. It was well worth the cost.

I have to say I was impressed, the pictures don't do it justice. This is a Heavy Duty case. I needed a better case than the soft cases that you usually find. I lost an SD card by having it in the softcase and accidentally siting on it, the SD card did not survive. I've had a few of the metal case card holders and have squeezed them enough that they no longer close, those are so much scrap aluminum now. This case has a great weather seal and a sturdy locking latch. It is a tad on the big side, but I take durability over size any day. I don't think it would survive me driving my truck over it, but that's not on my agenda today. If you need a sturdy all weather SD/Mini SD card case, this is it. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.

Once again Pelican gets it right. This case is water resistant and you can drop and even beat the hell out of it and your cards remain safe inside. If you want a memory card holder that offers more than a little cushioning, this is your case. I have several other items from Pelican (various flashlights and cases) and none of them disappoint. They are one of the few brand loyalties that I have.

This case is a very handy idea if you have multiple SD Cards. I was using the individual cases that the SD Card usually comes with so there was a level of protection. However, if you use these cards on a consistant basis and have multiple cards it's easy to forget where you left them. This case holds 8 SD Cards and is a great way to protect and keep track of your cards. - Memory Card Wallet - Memory Card Case - Sd Card - Sd Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Memory Card Wallet - memory card wallet, sd card sd case Memory Card Wallet - memory card wallet, sd card