Sunday 1 February 2009

Office Tools - staple remover


Originally I owned the Stanley Bostitch Professional Magnetic Staple Remover and I absolutely loved that thing, it's especially great for someone who removes a lot of staples in a day. In any event, I lost it (or more likely a coworker stole it) and I thought I'd try something new, despite my love for that particular device.



I think we can all agree that the "gator" staple pullers just plain suck so I got the Swingline Ultimate Staple Remover. This thing felt like it was gonna snap in two just from it's first use. The plastic is cheap and hollow to-boot making it feel weak and clumsy. The piece of plastic under the blade is too thick to actually wiggle under most staples without tearing the paper. Plus the little switch that knocks out the caught staples is pointless, just PULL 'EM OUT! Unlike the voluptuous and streamlined style of my previous staple remover, this POS is just uncomfortable.



I digress... one could argue that you get what you pay for at a measly $4 and change, but the Stanley Bostitch Professional Magnetic Staple Remover isn't a dollar more and worth it's weight in gold. Not literally, well maybe... it's pretty light. Anyway, don't bother with this one. Swingline Ultimate Staple Remover, Platinum (S7038121) - Staple Remover'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Office Tools - staple remover staple remover Office Tools - staple remover