Friday 16 January 2009

Steve Madden - steve madden, pull-on


I bought these boots and glad I did. They are very comfy and cute, love the heel because it gives me height without the pain of other heels. Bought them in purple which is true to the color shown here. I also went up a 1/2 size just to make sure would have some room for thicker winter socks that way I would be able to wear them all year around. I do think that my size 7 would have worked too, but still rather be safe than sorry. Hope this is helpful. Naughty Monkey Women's Turnout Wedge Boot,Grey,10 M US

I loved the look of these shoes. It was the studs that sold me (they are not buttons....I thought they buttoned in the back. No biggie). I bought the black ones although I must confess the purple ones tempted me as well. I am still considering getting those. I was a little bit disappointed when I opened the box and picked up the shoe. Yes they are suede, but they aren't lined. So if you live in a particularly cold or rainy climate, like I used to in Oregon, you might end up with cold wet feet (I am pretty sure you can expect rain water to drip into the boot since the opening is pretty wide.



I wear a 9 1/2 normally, but when I purchase boots, I always order a ten since I know that I'll be wearing them in the winter and I'll be wearing them with medium weight socks (not thin but not super thick). I tried these on with summer socks and they were still a bit snug. They fit my foot like a glove which is nice but that often means if i have to put on heavier socks to keep warm, my feet could get cramped and hurt. Thank god I live in California now!



So basically this is a really cute shoe, the construction is "OK" but not great and I wouldn't wear them if you plan to be standing outside in the cold or in the rain unless it's from house to car or visa versa.



One last thing, I like my heels HIGH. These have a 3 inch heel supposedly but they felt like less to me which will probably make them more comfortable. I didn't really mind.



Otherwise, I like these shoes and I still might get the purples one too.

I love Naughty Monkey shoes and while these boots are really cute, I can't really get them to work with any outfit. I purchased my normal shoe size and they fit fine. They are comfortable and sexy, but when pulled over skinny jeans/pants they give the effect of having huge ankles. It might work better on someone taller. Sadly, I have only been able to wear them under jeans and dress pants, but they are of good quality and fashionable. I got the purples ones because I have plenty of black and brown boots; the purple is pretty purple, possibly also contributing the difficulty of putting an outfit together.

These are lovely easy boots to wear. Fantastic price & colour goes will loads of items. They are a dark grey colour and the suede is tightly packed. The leather with the studs is quite thin, so the edges can curl up a little. I like the idea of rolling them under to show off the wedge more. The wedge is very curvacious and should be seen. A great casual boot. Only downside would be the top is quite wide and noticable when worn with skirts. Overall, a great buy!

These boots are fantastic! I fell in love with Naughty Monkey after buying the detective boots (A very similar, yet taller version of these). The suede is very soft and thick without feeling too bulky. Great quality for 30 bucks! The black stacked heel is like a wedge heel and makes these very easy to wear for hours at a time. Plus, the height is PERFECT at 3 inches. The toe area is rounded and slightly raised so toes have plenty of wiggle room. I usually buy a size 8.5 in boots to allow room for winter socks, but the size 8 fits perfect with a thick sock. These are pull-on boots, which some have complained about being too narrow/ difficult to put on. I can't see that at all. For a normal sized foot and ankle, they slip on very easily. As another reviewer commented, the studs on the bottom of the suede can be hidden by tucking the suede under - making these very versatile, like two pairs in one. PLUS, naughty monkey includes an extra pair of rubber heels in all of their boots- awesome for the price! I am going to definitely buy another pair or two, before they sell out completely. FANTASTIC purchase, very pleased! Also ordered these at 5pm Thurs, received them Friday morning, even though I didn't opt for one-day shipping. Thanks Amazon!

I received these boots and LOVED them. They matched a jacket, I had bought, perfectly. But, alas, I couldn't get them on. They were too tight across the ankle and my foot wouldn't go into them. I showed them to my friend before returning them and she LOVED them too. With a bit of extra effort she was able to get the boots on her feet. Once she got them on they were very comfortable and looked great. Now my friend has a beautiful pair of boots and I have a matching jacket.

She gets a lot of compliments on her new boots and I get told I should get some boots like Donna's. :-( - Steve Madden - Pull-on - Comfortable - Boots'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Steve Madden - steve madden, pull-on comfortable Steve Madden - steve madden, pull-on