Friday 16 January 2009

Egg Poachers - kitchen, egg poachers


Although it is not clear, this product comes with the large pan, the aluminum poacher cup holder, 6 non-stick poacher cups, and a glass lid. Make sure to use cooking spray in each poacher cup and you will love it! We have made eggs benedict like never before! Excelsteel 18/10 Stainless 6 Non Stick Egg Poacher

The pictures are a little deceiving. This is not really very high quality construction at all. It's typical cheap Chinese manufacturing.



I have no doubt it is made of stainless steel but the handle is thin, hollow and stamped to the edge of the pan. The pan itself is also very thin. When I put this in the dishwasher, water collected under the knob on the lid so I had to take that apart to let it dry.



It would certainly not be suitable to give to anyone as a gift but it probably would work ok for infrequent use.

Finally, a poacher that has more than 3 or 4 cups. This makes it a lot easier to feed more than one person at at time! This pan is very well made, not flimsy at all. If you spray the cups with Pam, the eggs slide out effortlessly. It's also great to be able to pick each cup up individually making it easier to put them on the plate. I love it and glad I purchased it.

I bought this egg poacher as I was having trouble poaching eggs the old-fashioned way for my family of 5. As other posters have mentioned, as long as you spray the cups with oil (I used olive oil spray), it does the job quite well. My two complaints are that I haven't figured out how long to cook the eggs (probably my fault, but maybe a result of the weird shape?) and that the eggs end up shaped like little upside-down cups. This may be the price one pays for poaching 6 eggs in one pan at the same time. It makes my eggs benedict very tidy, but it's hard to pretend that they came from a fancy restaurant. The little cups are a little hard to clean as there are lots of nooks and crannies. On the whole, I like this pan as it gets me done with breakfast very fast, but if I were a stickler for tradition, it wouldn't work.

I have searched for a good egg poacher for a long time, my family eats poached eggs almost every morning! The six cups are great and the eggs come out easily, we use oil spray. The only drawback is that the handle on the lid gets rusty, because when washed water gets in there. I have taken it apart to clean the rust out, so I believe it needs a better sealed handle.

I expect that when I cooking product has non stick in it's description that it would indeed be NON Stick. Even with butter or spray on non stick coating, eggs are difficult to remove from this poacher. If I could return the product, I would.



Look for another poacher if a non stick coating is an important feature for you.

I finally received this item yesterday. I used it for the first time this morning for poached eggs. My eggs stuck as if they had been glued in place. I don't understand. I read the directions which only said to wash with soap and water, which I did. The whole idea of the non-stick is so I don't have to use oil or spray.

Please let me know what you suggest. Sheri

The pan is of very good quality. It's stainless steal construction is very light weight, so I wouldn't try frying in the pan by itself, but I'm sure I'll come up with something else for the pan to do; steaming veggies maybe. The egg cups are also stainless steel with a nonstick coating. These release eggs perfectly with a light coating of PAM. Finally, all the egg cups can be removed at once using a little nob in the center of their holding tray (that's my favorite part). I honestly couldn't ask for more in an egg poaching pan! And it just made the best Eggs Benedict I've ever made! - Poacher - Egg Poachers - Kitchen'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Egg Poachers - kitchen, egg poachers egg poachers Egg Poachers - kitchen, egg poachers