Saturday 17 January 2009

Motion Detectors - motion sensing, home security


I installed this in the front yard near the front door. There's not a tremendous amount of light, such as for security purposes, but it's good for the sole purpose of making sure you don't bump into anything. The sensor seems pretty sharp, when I drive up in my car it goes off just pulling into my driveway. The install was pretty easy, but I feel like it has kind of a clumsy look or something. It's just personal preference though. I bought this one and also the Fulcrum Products Light-It 6 LED Porch Light with Motion Sensor for the back yard. I would give each the same type of review, except that I prefer the look of the Fulcrum and the install was easier.



Update March 25: It's still working, no battery changes yet. The Fulcrum light stopped working after a couple months.



Update June 10: It's still working, no battery changes yet. I'm buying another one for the backyard to replace the Fulcrum. Mr Beams MB360 Wireless LED Spotlight with Motion Sensor and Photocell - Weatherproof - Battery Operated - 140 Lumens

Thus far product working very well. Picks up on motion fine. Throws decent light for a small area. Not meant to light up the back yard. Basically just gives you enough light to see where you are walking. Needs 3 D batteries. No idea how long they will last. Mine are outside, and the sun will bake them in the day. Pretty sure I will be going through some batteries. A good solid casing and feel to the light. For the price, a decent product.

Was easy to mount, two switches on the inside for 30 second or 2 minute operation, and then low or high light output. The light is worth purchasing. Stock up on D batteries.

Many battery-powered floodlights are merely symbolic -- you can tell they're on only if you look right at them -- but this product is different. It's bright enough to clearly illuminate an unlighted stairwell or a walk-in closet. The brightness is comparable to a big, MagLite flashlight, i.e. painful to look at and more than adequate to find a key, avoid tripping, or even read a newspaper (if that's the sort of thing you wish you could do at the bottom of a dark stairwell). This is no "night light"; it's a true floodlight.



I've experienced no problems with the light or the motion sensitivity, and overall found product a great solution to lighting the way at night -- indoor or out -- without the expense of running electricity or fumbling for the lightswitch.

I rely heavily on other reviews so I endeavor to give back.



This product works as advertised. I use it to light up a fenced in corner of my yard that I store garbage cans in. It lights things up very well, more than suitable for security. I was concerned with an LED spotlight but it exceeds my expectations. The device itself is plastic as expected, and about what I expected in weight and feel. Doesnt feel like junk but not a solid peice of machinery either. Been using for several weeks and rain has not been an issue, who knows what happens over time. Also not seen the cold temps yet but I have every reason to believe there will be no issues.

Lastly the motion detecter really works...as soon as I approach the corner it pops on.



I will buy more of these....

I ordered several of these a couple of years ago, and they have performed flawlessly. Absolutely everything one could ask for in a battery-operated security light. So -- what's the problem? They cannot survive a seven foot fall onto a concrete floor. My bad. Knocked off a shelf where it had been sitting and broke the plastic housing (which maintains the battery contacts), rendering it ineffective. Recommendation: Buy them, BUT DON'T DROP THEM onto a hard surface. The only "flaw" is that they're not idiot-proof.

I bought and installed one of these for my mother-in-law. She needed some light at the front door (whenever the porch light is off) to aid with getting her key in the lock. It works great. The light is very bright for a small LED and the motion and photo cell sensors work great. It was easy to to install. It does seem a little light-weight and I would not recommend installing it where it would be directly exposed to rain/snow etc as it doesn't seem like it would hold up very well. - Motion Sensing - Motion Detectors - Motion-activate - Home Security'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Motion Detectors - motion sensing, home security motion detectors Motion Detectors - motion sensing, home security