Saturday 27 December 2008

Laptop Battery Chargers - laptop power adapters, power cord


Before receipt of this replacement adapter for my Aspire One D250, I was expecting something a little lighter and less durable. Although the adapter is small compared to the original, it performs just as well and weighs enough to not be a burden or to be able to call it a cheap paperweight. Overall, I am impressed with the product. The inclusion of a green LED on the adapter is nice. It makes finding an active power outlet on campus faster than digging out my netbook and plugging it in, only to find that the available outlets are dead, and then having to pack up again. It is a little bit shorter overall cable-length wise, but I only purchased this to have an adapter to carry with me and leave the original at home.



I highly recommend it for the price and quality. Laptop AC Adapter for Acer Aspire One A110, A150, AOA110, AOA150, ZG5 Series

I went to Acer and ordered this item on the 10th with expedited shipping because it was a repair part. On the 15th I called to find out that it had been placed on backorder and I "should" get it in a few days. I canceled the order and placed with Brilliant store on the 15th and got it on the 16th at nearly half price.



My reccomendation is to not go to the PC mfg for parts you can replace yourself.



I also want to thank Brilliant Store for their great service, the part was here before the Amazon shipping e-mail.

This works great with my Aspire One. It is smaller and the wires are shorter than OEM, but the overall construction is still good. Given that Aspire wanted $60 for a factory original replacement, I consider this to be a bargain and am glad that I bought it.

I read several good reviews and several bad reviews for this product. I took the good with the bad and made an intelligent decision and bought the product. I had enough knowledge to know what I was replacing and what exactly I needed to purchase for the replacement. The plug on this unit feels much sturdier as well as the wire.



The original unit had a broken wire between the ferrite bead and the right angle plug going to the laptop. I had removed the bead and plug on the original unit and replace the plug to remove the bad section of wire. It worked for some time but then broke on the end of the wire connected to the power brick.



The new unit wire seems much much more resistant to breakage, and twisting than the original adapter. I would recommend this to anyone who needs to replace a power pack for their mini netbook / laptop. It works well, doesn't get overly warm, and has an led to let you know it is working.



I will note that due to the nature of the electronics inside this device; heat can play a major factor in its lifespan. Heat kills electronics, that is why fans are in computers. If you keep this plugged in and have it inside a laptop bag, or on the floor under clothes, you run the risk of killing it. Even if used correctly, and as directed, electronics exposed to heat wear out. It is just how things are. So make your purchases and further reviews with these ideas in mind. If you hear sizzling / arcing and a flickering LED, the unit is done. You killed it. The products inside are not replaceable, and at this price, it is almost always safer and more cost effective to get a new unit. Also, it is possible that any manufacturing process can have errors. Keep that in mind if you possibly get a defective unit. Nothing is perfect, and those things that are close to perfect tend to get very expensive. Just keep that in mind.

I ordered this on Feb. 4th and it arrived Feb. 8th and there was a weekend in between. And that's with regular standard shipping (mail). It works just as well as the original and is very light and portable. I'm very happy to have found this bargain. My netbook (a new Acer Aspire One 532h) recharges in the same amount of time (when turned off) as with the original charger. I saved about $50 by not buying one of these from Acer. Fantastic! This price on this item seems to go up and down a lot. I got it for $7 plus $4.99 shipping. Having an extra charger really puts my mind at ease -- if one charger dies, no problem, I've got a backup.

Just ordered my netbook charger a couple of nights ago and it is already here! Exactly as described on the seller's page and for a fraction of the price I would have paid at one of the big electronics store chains. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

This adapter overheats so badly that the plastic case on the adapter started to melt!

Also, the ac cable is very loose, if you move the cable it comes out of the adapter.



It's too small and doesn't have the power required for this laptop, its only 30W.

We got this product and it seemed great. But then I realized it will not charge the battery. When the original cord was broken (cat chewed the wire) the battery worked fine. Still had about an hour of battery life after a charge. It sat for about two weeks when I purchased this adapter. Now the battery will not charge at all. It just stays on empty while its plugged in. Even with the computer turned off.



I don't see how this could be a faulty battery as I said it worked fine just a couple weeks ago. Still I guess for the price at least my wife can use it at her desk. I need to go find a real acer adapter I guess.

So I've had this item now for about two months give or take a few days, and i must say that i'm happy to have purchased it. I don't know if my battery is bad, or whether the cable does not charge the pack, but my unit can only be used when plugged into the wall. I'm betting that i have a bad battery, but am not worried about it because this unit mainly is used in the home. Overal good cord will recommend as a replacement. - Acer Aspire - Laptop Power Adapters - Laptop Battery Chargers - Power Cord'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Laptop Battery Chargers - laptop power adapters, power cord acer aspire Laptop Battery Chargers - laptop power adapters, power cord