Thursday 18 December 2008

Cable Management


i used to struggle to keep my cords on the desk and would just put them under my monitor stand so they won't fall behind my desk. I have a laptop which I also use as my main computer with an LCD monitor and a nice set of desk speakers and external USB hard drives -- of course all these have cables that plug into my laptop when docked on my desk. Now with this wonderful product I no longer have to go fishing for my cords behind my desk ... this product has just enough weight so that it can sit on the desk and firmly hold your cords without it ending up behind your desk as well. Quirky Cordies Desktop Management System (Gray)

I LOVE this product! Intend to order more. It keeps my charger wires (cellphone, laptop) and my USB cords neat and easily accessible. Is heavy enough that it doesn't fall off the table itself; and discreet enough that it can be tucked away behind a pen stand or vase. Perfect.

I have several electronic devices I plug in at my bedside every night, and I've been looking for a cord holder that doesn't require me to use mounting tape in order to stick it to the nightstand. Better yet, one that hangs onto more than one cable, as it seems I just keep collecting devices.



This does the job perfectly. It's solid and stable and heavy enough to hang onto three USB cables and a laptop power cord without moving, but it's small enough it fits neatly on the nightstand without looking too out-of-place.



You do have to pull the cords out of the holder and pop them back in when you're done, which is only inconvenient because they can easily get tangled if you're not careful.

The Quirky Cordies Desktop Management gaget solved the problem of how to control charger cords for a cell phone, a kindle and a loptop. The previous solution was to let the cord ends hang from a drawer pull.



The Quirky Cordie now holds all of the charger cords neatly in place until they are needed. The Cordie devise has enough weigth to stay in place by itself.



The extra cord lengths were corraled by a Quirky Plug Hub box. I recommend that too.

I've wanted a cable organizer for a while now but never got around to buying one. This one is relatively cheap compared to the others. I use it with my Macbook AC Cable as well as 4 external hard drives and it works alright. Major complaint is that it is not weighted enough because it easily shifts around.

I like the concept, but overall, this device is a little thicker (read: not flexible enough) than I would have prefered. It arrived in minimal packaging (could be improved on a little) and in a timely fashion. A predrilled set of holes with retaining screws and washers (so the screw head doesn't slip through the holes) to hold this device under a desk, or on the back of the desk or laptop tray, would be a good improvement on the design. Overall, it does the job well except that it is exposed on the desktop and could be construed as unsightly (my wife wants everything to be wireless).'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cable Management Cable Management Cable Management