Monday 3 November 2008

Laptop Battery Chargers - charger, macbook


After charging my battery for a few hours (from 10% to 70% capacity) the charger was incredibly hot to the touch. It was so hot that a smell similar to wet paint filled the room and the white plastic surrounding the charger became warped and melted. I wish I had not been stubborn and had listened to the previous negative reviews. Even though it is a lot cheaper than the original Apple charger, which is also obviously a terrible product (susceptible to wire rot at the junctions) hence the need to buy a replacement, this product simply does not work. I am going to have to bite the bullet and get a genuine Apple charger since at least it works without running the risk of burning down your house. Very displeased with both Apple's genuine charger and this joke of a product. I would have given this product zero stars but it wouldn't let me give less than one. NEW Power AC Adapter/Charger for Apple MacBook 13.3inch MB063LL/B MA472LL/A MacBook 13"

As a utility, this AC charger certainly fulfills it's purpose: it charges my MacBook battery. With that said, it is definitely no product made by Apple and it shows in many ways. For one the AC adapter does not fit onto the existing Apple extension cord very well. It comes with it's own extension cord that connects awkwardly into the extension cord power port. This one is hard to explain.



The magsafe connector also has a few of it's own issues. It will only charge the computer with a certain side facing up. If I try it with the other side facing up the green LED blinks rapidly and won't charge. Strange, but not a deal breaker. Also, the green LED will often times stay on even when I have detached the cord from my computer.



Other than those two issues, the unit still fills my battery with juice and for that I am grateful. Now, if I can only keep my dog from chewing this one up as well...

This device caught on fire and sparked significantly. Even if it is very cheap and does charge a laptop, when this happened it caused my computer to immediately turn off and it wouldn't turn back on. It might be worth buying an authorized device in this case, or at least not this fire hazard.

THIS PRODUCT IS DEFECTIVE. DO NOT BUY IT!!! It will mess up your battery!!!!



I noticed my less-than-1-year old macbook's battery life has been cut in half after using this charger (2-3 hours max, when it previously could go 4-5 hours without a charge)

I woke up and smelled something weird burning. I look around and saw that the charger's casing was warping because of the heat!! Had I continued to use this thing, i'm sure it would have killed my battery.

I raved about the price previously and how quickly I was able to receive it in the mail.But a few weeks later the casing started to melt and now it won't even power anymore. I was forced to go to Best Buy and purchase an authentic charger for $80 because I need to work on papers for school.

I should have read all the reviews thoroughly and just dished out the money from the beginning to pay for a trusted brand instead of a cheap defective generic.

I bought this as a second charger to have for my Macbook. It's very similar to the original Apple charger although it's a little bigger (it is not a rebranded item, it's not the same as the original Apple charger). It seems to charge my computer fine and works pretty well except for one issue... it gets ridiculously and untouchably hot. This is a concern regarding it eventually burning out and/or burning/melting something that might be adjacent to it.



Still, for the price, it's a great value over the original Apple charger.

I bought one of these chargers and imediately experienced problems.

the charge for my macbook was never constant, which forced me to

constantly twist and turn the wires on the charger. it eventually

broke due to all the times i had to bend it a certain way to hold a

charge. waste of 20 $

I have brought Apple charger from Amazon website of SibStore.com.

Charger has stopped working in two weeks.

I haven't even used it much. it's waste of money to buy it from sibstore.

These guys sell it cheap, but product are worse quality product, its complete waste of money.

I received the item and the cord with the plug that goes into the charger did not appear to be the one that was supposed to go with it, I thought so what , as long as it works. Here I am 5 months later and the darn think no longer works and the outtfit that sold it to me won't return my emails. I would like a refund (are you guys hearing me?) . I will continue to write bad reviews over and over until I hear back from you. You can contact me at wildsheepprofessor@gmail.com

I received this charger as my previous one broke. It came in good time which is great, but that just meant my computer would break sooner. It charged my computer overnight but today when I went to plug it into my computer sparks flew and it smelled like something was burning. I cannot believe that a product would be sold online that could be defective enough to cause so many problems. I quickly brought my computer into the Apple store where they told me they could try and replace a part for $50 but it may not work and the other option would be between $300 and $800. I am appalled that this product was even packaged and sent out. It is going to cost me an arm and a leg to fix my computer all because I trusted a third party seller. I strongly suggest that no one buy a product for their mac that isn't directly from an apple store. Although I have never before had a problem with anything I have bought from Amazon, this has taught me a valuable lesson. Contrary to the above, this product obviously warrants no stars. - Macbook - Charger - Power Adapter - Apple Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Laptop Battery Chargers - charger, macbook power adapter Laptop Battery Chargers - charger, macbook