Monday 3 November 2008

Cold Weather Boots


I love these boots. They are so cute, so comfy and so warm. I took them to Europe with me and was able to walk for hours and hours in them. Even from the start. Didn't really have to break them in. I ordered my true size 9 1/2 and they were a perfect fit. I even ordered the exact same boot (though different color) in a 9 since I wasn't sure which one would fit and I ended up keeping both. The 9 was a little bit tight but after wearing them for a day, I didn't mind and they too were extremely comfortable. I also love that I can have the tongue pulled down when I tuck my jeans in the boot or if I want to put my jeans over them, I can fix the laces to make the tongue flat for a smooth line under them. Love love love these and would recommend to all! Teva Women's Kiru Boot Print Cold Weather Boot,Carafe,5 M US

I recently moved up north and have been looking for the perfect winter boots for a while now. Then I found these. I absolutely adore them. They have style, contour to the leg, and are adjustable for curvier calves. They ran a little large so I got a 7.5 instead of my normal 8 and they fit perfectly. They're cushy and warm and have pretty good tread for those snowydays. I was in heaven. Then one day I wore them in some icy rain... My first small puddle I felt some cold wet water in my toes. It's not like it was flooding, but it was noticeable. I was bummed. If that was just a small puddle I definitely wouldn't want to wear them out in serious rain. I would not suggest these for a particularly wet region. Other than that they're great incredibly warm and I've worn them for 12 hour stints without any discomfort. Hope this review helps!

I LOVE the boots! However I am sending the size 6.5 back and ordering a 7 (LOVE Amazon PRIME shipping). They are somewhat narrow and my toes come to the very end without socks. They are extremely warm and stylish. Flying to Montana Sunday for 10 days...so this Florida girl was in NEED of some warm boots...GLAD I found them.

(my foot is average, neither narrow or wide)

I was so looking forward to receiving these boots, they look fantastic, I ordered them in Beluga.



Unfortunately I was very disappointed when I opened the box to find one boot (compared to the other) so poorly made it wasn't even a match. The boot vertical length was a good 3cm shorter than the other boot and the trim around the zipper was roughly cut and not finished at all. I don't understand why this wasn't picked up by quality control as it is so obvious.



If I didn't live in Australia I would send them back but the return postage on top of what I have already paid does not make it worth it.



Now I will have to wear them under jeans to hide the shoddy workmanship instead of being able to show them off like they should be.



Very disappointed.

I love these boots. They are extremely comfortable, especially when worn without socks ;) I got a size 8 and they are a little too tight when wearing socks and pants. I would recommend an 8.5. So far they are waterproof, although I did use a waterproof spray on them that I bought for $5. I've gotten many compliments on them already. :) I do think the price is a little steep tho, but fashion, comfort and warmth all come with a price I guess.

Very stylish boots, comfortable as well. I had to go half size up than my usual 9.5 for Tevas shoes. My feet are very narrow so the 10 is more loose than I would like it, but... what can I do. I am sorry that they don't tend to make all the shoes in wide and narrow version as well to accommodate us, the weirdly built people... :-) In the calf area - loose for me, even though more fitted than many others I've tried. There is some possibility to play with the calf size trough the laces, but they work rather for expansion than accomplishing more snug fit.... Love those boots, though! I think I will keep them and will pray they will not loosen up - otherwise I will be in trouble!!! p.s. The Beluga color is a definite winner!

I bought these boots for a camping trip in Santa Cruz. Ok, so no snow, but the weather dropped below 20 degrees, and my feet stayed pretty toasty and dry. It rained a good deal of the time, and I was out tromping through the woods. The boots held up no problem. Mud washed right off, my feet stayed dry, and even better, the gripping soles on these shoes were awesome!



Now, I will admit that even cheap knockoff ugg boots did fine too, ($30) but didn't keep my toes dry. These boots look great with leggings and jeans, are soft and cozy, and can take all the bad weather thrown at them.



I agree that they were a little tight around the leg, until I adjusted the laces a little. Now they are perfect, and are awesome for all purposes.



I was never impressed with Teva before, those dumb sandals everyone wears with huge hiking socks are hideous AND make you feet smell. Even after wearing these boots for a week in the same thick wool socks, they smelled fine! (I did cheat and add a chunk of cedar in each shoe at night, but still)



Great boots, and for a good price. PS I got the beluga color, which is wonderful in person, very gray/green.

Cons: I had to order up 1/2 size because they didn't come in 10.5 (most boots don't), and I wasn't sure about the look of the "tongue" or the color. I needn't have worried. The shoe portion fits well, although the ankle area could be a little tighter, but it's not sloppy, just a little loose (as is the heel - doesn't slip exactly, just isn't firmly in place, but I have a very narrow heel, so this is better than most.) I like the leather - it has a subtly interesting look, and the tongue doesn't look strange when on your leg - it fits in with whatever you're wearing. The sides of the boot fit my leg exactly, which is really a plus - comfortably, not too tight, but as if it was made for me (at the widest point, my calf size is 1.5"). It comes up to the bottom of my knee, and doesn't rub against anything - the inside is smooth and comfy. It has a zipper the entire length of the boot, which makes it easy to put on (one boot has a very stiff zipper that I'm hoping will loosen up). They are also stylish. It's not cold enough to know how they will be in truly cold weather (it may snow tonight, but it's around freezing). The only Q in my mind is about the zipper....except for that they are really nice boots.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cold Weather Boots Cold Weather Boots Cold Weather Boots