Monday 13 October 2008

Stopwatches - stopwatches, interval


This watch will time intervals of any work time, rest time, and total interval count you choose.



If you like the Tabata Interval this watch is priceless. If you have workouts wrapped around different rest/work ratios this stopwatch is amazing.



This watch has a countdown for the work interval and the rest interval distinct from the chime for the end and beginning of the work and rest interval so that it can be used hands free and without looking at the watch to time your intervals.



Once you've used this watch to time your interval workouts, any other timing method (like having to actually WATCH the clock) seems unnecessarily cumbersome.



If you do any kind of interval workout at all, this stopwatch is worth the money. If your workouts aren't very complex, you could get by with a much cheaper stopwatch. Seiko S057 Stopwatch

I ordered one of these 3 years ago - it still works perfectly. I use it at home to time my yoga stretches. I just ordered a second one because I want one to take to the office. I am 62 years old, technology challenged, but this timer is simple enough for even me!

I have several uses for a stopwatch, the primary one is that of coach. I (and my stopwatch) have to travel a fair amount. The last several stopwatches that I have owned have fallen apart in a relatively short period of time. The main problem is the buttons falling off. I decided to try the Seiko S057. So far, it has been both dependable and durable. I have used most of the functions without a hitch, including the memory/recall function. You can access stored times while timing an event which is handy. I have only had the watch. for 6 weeks, so please take the durability comment with a grain of salt. The Sieko feels more solid than other, cheaper stopwatches on the market. I will update this comment if I have any mechanical issues with the watch (especially the longevity of the buttons).

I got this watch a month ago after working with a trainer for a while. He taught me Tabata workouts and suggested the stopwatch so I could do them even when I wasn't working with him. It alleviated having to constantly look at my watch. The dual alarms works awesome and it has really helped me to kick up my workouts, both on the bike and the weight machines. Even when I am not doing Tabata it works well just timing myself in between sets for maximum results. I defintely would recommend this watch for anyone looking to take their workouts to the serious level.

This watch is a bit more confusing than the average stopwatch, so if you are looking for something basic, you should look elsewhere. But if you need a more intricate/high-tech watch, then this will make a great one. Just be prepared to read the instruction manual! - Timer - Interval - Stopwatches - Tabata'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Stopwatches - stopwatches, interval tabata Stopwatches - stopwatches, interval