Monday 13 October 2008

Makita Battery - makita, drill


Being in the remodeling/handyman business, I use my Makita cordless nearly every day. The drill itself is almost indestructable. The batteries on the other hand leave much to be desired. I am on my 4th pair of batteries in just three years. The last set barely made 6 months before they quit holding charge. As they are now they may drive 4-6 screws before they quit.



The majority of my tools are Makita, they are tough to beat. However, I am having a hard time justifying buying these batteries so often. Makita 1931583 1434 14-2/5-Volt 2-3/5-Amp Hour NiMH Pod Style Battery

I'm NOT a contractor and use my Makita drill only periodically - no way close to contractor use - but still have gone through a couple batteries in a couple years. Love the power/weight ratio of the tools, but the batteries are lame , esp for NiMH's.

Although my original 2 NiMH batteries are now shot, and the replacements aren't cheap, I can't complain. I've had the drill over 6 years now. Used it for a year, still ok. Then drove a couple of thousand tile backerboard screws, still ok. Used it to mix bucket after bucket of tile mud and grout, still ok. I then used it to build my entire 400 sq ft deck, drilled every hole and drove every deck screw, still ok. Recharged the batteries hundreds of times and when they finally went south they did it pretty quickly and both at the same time. Since this drill refuses to die, I'll gladly feed it two more batteries.

My old Makita batteries were wonderful for several years. They finally got to the point where they weren't holding a charge, so I began checking for replacements. Amazon has just what I needed for almost half off what EVERYWHERE else charges. They have more amp-hours than my smaller originals, and are such an improvement! Thanks Amazon!

Two of these batteries came with the new Makita drill I purchased about three years ago. I immediately noticed that they didn't hold a charge for as long as my old 12v Makita batteries. Now, like someone else said, I can only drive five or six screws before the battery goes dead. Both of mine exhibit the same horrible service. I've never left them out in the cold and treated them as instructed. Very disappointed.

Agree with reviews about poor battery performance - purchasing a third Ni-MH battery in three years. Light duty home use, stored indoors. I'm appalled Makita can't provide a battery to match the reputation of their tools.

The two batteries I purchased in 2007 have delivered a very poor performance. One is totally out of order after 22 months and the other provides a very limited capacity. The 3 year warranty mentioned on the Amazon website is totally INCORRECT. When I contacted Makita for a warranty replacement I was informed that whilst the tools were warranted for 3 years, the batteries were only warranted for one year. No way near the quality of the batteries which were supplied with the cordless drill in the first place.

When I received my 1434 battery and read the packaging (Virgos always read the packaging), my DC1414 battery charger was not listed as one compatible with the 1434 battery. However, Makita assured me it was, so I opened the package, charged the battery, and hoooray! My Makita variable speed leaf blower is working like new.

I have owned my Makita Drill for about one year now. I have used it extensively for remodeling projects. I just ordered a replacement battery. Of my 2 original batteries one works great. It holds a charge longer than any battery tool that I have owned. The other battery is totally shot. When it comes fresh off the charger it will barely drive a screw. I have treated both of these batteries the same and always tried to take good care of them and make them last. No explanation why there is so much difference between 2 batteries. - Drill - Lithium-ion - Makita - Cordless Drill'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Makita Battery - makita, drill drill Makita Battery - makita, drill