Tuesday 28 October 2008

Socks


I've bought Gold Toe's "Fluffy" socks a number of times over the years. The current product has apparently been redesigned so that the leg portion is a bit softer, and the elastic cord at the top (to keep the sock from falling down) is a bit tougher. While the new socks feel about as comfortable as the earlier version, the cord leaves a deep groove in my leg that takes a good hour or more to go away. I'd happily go back to the earlier version if it were still available on this basis alone. In terms of wear, I don't have enough usage to see if the newer, softer material will wear out faster than the earlier version. I tend to wear through the material at the sole of the foot pretty quickly, so I'll be keeping an eye on the new softer-than-ever fluffies. Gold Toe Men's Fluffies Casual Sock, Brown, 3-Pack , Size 6 - 12 1/2

I've used Gold Toe Fluffies for many years. Over time the quality has declined. Either they come or they quickly become "non-fluffy." Quality decline is apparent as stray yarns arise from the top of the sock before the first wearing or washing.

The socks wear out quite fast and become covered in acrylic balls very easily. They look pretty unsightly after just a few wearing. Stick to the other gold toe lines such as the metropolitan or Canterbury as they are much better made and better fabrics. I am surprised they still make this remnant socks from the 60s with this horrible acrylic.

I am a soldier in Afghanistan and I bought them for summer use with the desert boots. The socks are holding up well, and while comfortable, not as much as they claim to be. They are thinner than your standard cotton sock, but actually warmer, which is not what I bought them for. I still use them and don't have any regrets, but I probably won't buy anymore.

Yes, they are soft and fluffy and quite comfortable. Unfortunately, they developed holes about five times faster than other socks I bought: I find that after a couple of months, I don't have any of these left.

I've been purchasing Gold Toe cotton fluffies for years; they've always been all cotton or cotton w/ nylon. This latest version; though the old ones are still available, I'll read the fine print next time; is an acrylic/nylon blend, still at the same price point of 16.00, though far thinner and since not a natural fiber is in them ,I feel they should be priced lower than the "cotton fluffies". These are getting tossed into the donation pile, tags intact. I'll be back for the real deal at a later time, as I see they're readily available on this site. Please take a hint Gold Toe and change the product's name, it's confusing. Kind Regards, M.H.

I've worn these socks for many years and they were okay. They are not the smoothest socks inside, especially near the toe area. My recent experience with bamboo/rayon socks from Florsheim and Nautica indicate that the material in these Gold Toes is not the best for keeping foot perspiration under control or even keeping my feet warm or cool as appropriate. I now strongly favor the Nautica tipped rib socks instead for about the same price.

I really like these socks. For a long while I used the Gap as my central source of socks. Essentially that's where I picked up ALL of my socks. However, those socks don't suit me anymore. I like these socks a lot not only due to the fact that they are extremely comfortable, but also are durable and can be worn with a variety of different things. I should additionally throw in that the price-tag is reasonable. If you should happen to show a little ankle, these socks also have a classic look.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Socks Socks Socks