Tuesday 28 October 2008

Gift Ladies Tool Kit - gift idea, tool set


These tools are meant to be given to someone as a joke I think, not for anyone to do anything meaningful around a home. They are made of flimsy plastic and weak metal. The screws I have encountered in my home were more durable than the screwdriver head -- the metal on the tool stripped up rather than the screw, so the tools were ruined in first use. The drill is a complete joke since it has zero power to even assemble pre-drilled holes for screws -- again, the screw lasted longer than the drill bit. VERY, VERY disappointed in this. I'm sure someone else out there has pink tools for women that are not a complete flop. Why else would there be people selling their used sets from this very web-site! Apollo Precision Tools DT0773N1 135-Piece Household Pink Tool Kit

I asked for a set of tools for Mother's Day. I do a lot of decorating and home repair. Most of the time I have trouble finding my husband's tools. When I do find them some are too heavy and awkward for me to use (drill, battery charged screw driver, etc..).



I was extremely disappointed with the Appollo 135pc tool set. It reminds me of a toy set I bought for my son when he was 10 and wanted to help Dad with repairs. The pliers and wrench are too small for my grip and the hammer is smaller than I thought it would be. If you're looking to hang up some pictures this would be fine. But if you're looking to do more than that I would not recommend this set.

I love my new tool kit! I mainly bought it for the pink drill, hammer, box cutter, scissors, wrench....well just about everything. I used the drill to screw a nail in the wall to hang a picture and it did the job well, and it's light weight (great for over head positions). But don't expect it to work like a Dewalt hammer drill. It's only 4.8 volts with little torque! I use the box cutter all the time because I'm constanly cutting up boxes from Amazon orders. The little screw drivers came in handy too to replace the batteries on my car remote control. It also comes with a box of extra screws nails, ect. If you are a woman in construction, or a SERIOUS do it yourselfer, this is NOT the kit for you. You will not be satisfied. Dewalt has some nice light weight tools. This kit is definately just for small stuff around the house which is a necessity. I can't count the numerous times when I wanted a light drill to assemble a desk, or shelf and I had to use a rusty old screw driver that hurt my hand. This would make a great gift for some of my girlfriends! Cute and fun and just for her! I give this kit 5 stars for the quality and its' purpose.



FOUR MONTHS LATER: I've been using my tool kit quite often. I haven't used everything, but I'll tell about what I have used.

1. Cordless drill: First let me correct myself, this is NOT a drill it's a cordless screwdriver (even thought they call it a drill). If you want a pink drill, they sell them on ebay. The origianl company is in the UK called pinktoolbox and part of the money goes to breast cancer just like the apollo line of oink tools. As fars as this cordless driver goes, I wish it had a bit more torque. But it can do light jobs. One of the many tasks I did was assemble a stand for my mother's new digital tv. I also hung up picture, ect. The bits are good.

2. Box cutter: can get annoying. I order A LOT from Amazon and I need a good box cutter to cut up the boxes for recycling and this one sucks! When I try to cut boxes with this thing, the blade rides back up into the plastic casing. Not very useful :(

3. I worry about using this hammer on any heavy project. There is a label on the hammer that reads, "This tool can be made to chip if struck against a hardened nail......". You do the math!

4. What works great: measuring tape, leveler, percision screwdrivers and scissors.

5. Have not used yet: wrench, pliers, tape and putty knife.



Again, I still love this kit even months later, but they should have made a better pink hammer and drill. I only paided 29.99, now they raised the price to 39.99. They should have raised the quality. But I still say it's a must have for women who do SMALL jobs around the house. This kit gets used A LOT. It's sooooo handy and I'm glad I bought it!

I've got to agree with the other negative reviews. These tools are like toys, made out of flimsy materials. I do not understand how others are getting any use out of them. The screwdrivers were the first to break, the metal they are made out of is so soft that after putting together a few children's toys they were completely ruined. The cordless screwdriver ("drill") has NO power, and after a handful of uses it will not hold a charge. The plastic piece on the tape measure broke off so it can not be held in place. Even the pink plastic hinges on the case broke off. The only thing I've found really useful in this set is the hammer, and well, that's not worth the price. For this amount of money you could buy yourself some real tools, forget about these even though they look so cute. I'm sorry I got them.

This tool kit has all of the hand tools and a few more that a (more likely woman) will need. I have so far found all of the tools to be sturdy and well designed.



Upon opening my Apollo Tool Box, I immediately noticed the poor workmanship. All of the tools have a CHINA print or label on them, as the entire kit was Made in China. There are unfinished edges to the plastic pieces (flakes or rough edges). The tools overall have the appearance of coming through a factory line and immediately being put in the box, without a final check.



All tools have proved durable (though I have only had this for a month) but the presentation of the tools is surprisingly poor. Perhaps the appearance is of no concern to some, but if given as a gift, this tool box may look "cheap" due to the workmanship.

I bought this tool set for a niece who moved into her first apt. after college grad. She loves it and uses it continually. She said it was a unique "house-warming" gift that she will use continually. It is feminine too and that was something she liked about it and the tools were sturdy. - Tool Set - Tools - Gift Ladies Tool Kit - Gift Idea'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Gift Ladies Tool Kit - gift idea, tool set tools Gift Ladies Tool Kit - gift idea, tool set