Monday 27 October 2008

Rotary Tool Accessories - 2009 amazon frustration-fre, router accessories


This is a valuable accessory for your Dremel tool, but it does have some limitations you need to recognize and live within.



It's good at cutting dadoes and doing edging, but not in hard woods. Rotary tools work at high speed, but with low torque. They just cannot churn their way through something like oak. Even with soft woods, it's best to make deep cuts in several shallow passes.



Deep cuts will generate considerable sawdust, which falls down into the tool. I can see that this could damage the tool over time. I deal with this issue by using my regular router for extensive dust-generating work. Again, you need to live within the limitations of your tool.



As with all rotary tool operations, sharp bits are essential. The high-speed, low-torque operation means that they, in effect, shave material away, much like a dentist's drill. If you try to just grind away, the tool will bog down and/or the bits will dull quickly. Unfortunately, the best Dremel brand router bits are VERY expensive. Cheap Brand-X bits work OK, but they wear out quickly. Dremel-brand bits last longer, but they're much more expensive. There's a line somewhere, and you'll have to judge for yourself where it is.



The router table itself is solid, well-designed, and easy to use. It seems to work best if you screw it to a piece of wood or MDF, then clamp that to your workbench or sawhorse.



To me, this accessory is worth the cost, but it does have limitations that you need to consider. I'm glad I bought it, and I'd do it again. Dremel 231 Shaper/Router Table

I have been using this for quite a while, and at times, it is a lot easier to use this, to dadoes for small items on soft wood like boxes. I used it to make some boxes out of pire and I used it to do edge work and make dadoes. This is my coolest acessory for the dremel with my wood bit set.

It's good for edging and such. But it is no good for cutting groves or if you want to square up a piece to trim an edge. The dremel tool mount flexes too much and you end up with a really sloppy cut. Use the router attachment and make your own table. Do not buy this. Shame on you Dremel. I've seen better tools from Playschool.

product is a good addition to my dremel collection. ONE WARNING: tool models 400 and 800 require a special adaptor! Dremel corp will send you one at their expense-you just need to call them. other than that the accessory rocks!

I'd stay away from this one until the design flaws are fixed. Tons of sawdust from the piece you're working on will fall into your tool and render it useless. I've killed two Dremels, and got maybe a grand total of 5 minutes use out of the table.

I got this some time ago and use it with the 400 XPR (adapter necessary). I have used it mostly for edging. Works great for edging.

It lacks in performance for routing out keyholes and slots. Slots I found it necessary to do them a little at a time; start at a low depth and after each sweep raise the depth of the cut a little more until you have the depth you want.

As for keyholes, just about forget it; it's too jumpy. I use another tool I have for keyholes.

This router table works very well with my Dremel MultiPro tool. I have been making a lot of grooves and notches in wood, and the table keeps the cuts consistent. There is an adjustable fence for precise wood placement as it passes through the bit, as well as an up-and-down adjuster for cut depth in the wood. I have a very specific application for this table, and I've been able to get my grooves and edgings precise every time, which is essential for my project. This router table is a must-have for anyone who uses their MultiPro for routing applications.

I wish I didn't have to make such a vicious statement, but this thing really is poorly-constructed junk. The tool mount flexes too much to guarantee any accuracy in your work. What's worse, on the one I had the tool didn't even mount centered in the hole - preventing me from ever using any wide router or sanding bits without damaging the plastic of the table itself.



If there were an adjustment - a pair of slots of some sort - to which I could center the tool properly, I would have kept the table and given two or three stars. At least it would have been somewhat useful to me. I just don't see how a plastic molded part can get this wrong, and for that I returned it.



I don't expect too much from a rotary tool system like this, the quality is cheap and you get what you pay for - but this is ridiculous.

This is an excellent mini router table for scale model making. I use it for building architectural models and it is a great addition to my 6x4 workshop. It works perfectly fine. If you're going to use this table with Dremel 400, you need an adapter. Just call Dremel customer service and get one for free. - Woodworking - Router Accessories - 2009 Amazon Frustration-fre - Dremel'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Rotary Tool Accessories - 2009 amazon frustration-fre, router accessories woodworking Rotary Tool Accessories - 2009 amazon frustration-fre, router accessories