Monday 27 October 2008

Battery Tender Jr - battery charger, motorcycle


I have a special interest car that only gets driven in fair weather 10 times a year. The battery was always low. It was a real pain to get the charger out and hook it up (the battery is under the rear seat) every time I wanted to take it out. Those days are over. With one quick disconnect of this little gem I am on my way in minutes rather than hours. Wish I had bought this a long time ago. I highly recommend it if you have similar circumstances. Deltran 021-0127 Battery Tender Junior 6-Volt .75 Amp Charger

This item charges up your 6 volt batteries just as described without overcharging.

Once a certain voltage is hit (7.6v range), the device cuts off the full charge, and drops down to a float charge (6.7v). This has been verified using a multimeter. The status LED lets you know exactly what's going on.

I purchased the battery tender jr to recharge my daughters 6v battery for her jeep. It seemed to be a reasonable price at $25. As soon a s I got it I read the instructions and plugged it in. No indicator light came on. Not red, not green, not anything. So I left it plugged into the battery and it didn't charge. I contacted Deltran's service department and they treated me like I was an idiot not listening when I told them what steps I took and telling me to retake those steps. Then they "forgot" who I was so I had to start over with the communication and press for a replacement. Deltrans response was for me to pay to ship it - roughly $8 - and include a check for $8 to ship it back to me and maybe they would replace or fix it. Why should I pay almost as much as the new item to get a replacement for your faulty product. Their customer service sucks and I will never deal with them again.

The battery charger and maintainer is a really good addition to my garage. You get three options for hookup and the wires are much heavier than some of the others on the market. My 1930 Model A ford is happy!

Always had good luck with Deltran products. This one is no different. They'll pay for themselves with the batteries that you won't have to buy. My other Deltran charger (12V) has been in my barn for the last 5 years & still works perfectly. 90°F heat with 80% humidity in the summer, to -10°F in the winter ... still going. No chinese junk here!

Keeping the battery minder hooked up all of the time keeps my old tractor ready to crank and work any time she is needed. This is a good product that saves aggravation and the need to jump start my tractor.

This is wonderful...I don't have to worry about my 6 Volt battery getting drained in my Porsche when I go away for business. I just plug it in and leave, when I get back the battery is still charged and ready to go.

With an old car sitting for long periods of time in the garage, I'm never certain, when I get to drive it, whether or not it will start. The Battery Tender fixes that. Now, when I'm ready for a drive so is my car. No half hour effort to get the car going, I just turn the key and drive away. Its the perfect solution.

This is one of the best battey maintainers on the market. I have not had to replace a battery in my riding mower or motorcycle since using battery tenders on them. I would highly recommend them for anyone that has to store their power tools / toys in the winter. - Motorcycle - Battery Charger - Battery Tender - Battery Tender Jr'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Battery Tender Jr - battery charger, motorcycle battery charger Battery Tender Jr - battery charger, motorcycle