Saturday 4 October 2008

Raw Food Cookbook - raw, healthy living


This book is a great place to start if you're curious about the growing raw food scene. Judita Wignall, in a warm, practical and easy tone, explains it all. She lays out the kitchen basics including tools and techniques, offers a range of wonderful recipes from the simplest, throw-it-together-and-eat-in-your-hand wraps to wonderful tasty raw main dishes and the prettiest desserts. Each recipe has a step-by-step photo series, showing exactly how to get it done. There's nothing precious or intimidating about her recipes, and she has included foods that are not too far removed from the already familiar, like her gorgeous raw vegan pizza, and her OMG brownies.



A great feature of the book is the planned menus, and the clear and easy nutritional information. She seems to have covered all the FAQs, including what she herself eats in a day.



And...the bonus DVD, tucked inside the cover, features Judita demonstrating recipes and techniques, which just brings it all to life.



Even if you're not into raw food, the book itself is a beautiful piece of art for its design and photography alone. Just a lovely thing to look at and admire.



I can't recommend this book highly enough if you're a beginner, and need guidance on how and why and what to do. Going Raw: Everything You Need to Start Your Own Raw Food Diet and Lifestyle Revolution at Home

This book is beautiful and worth it to add to any raw kitchen. I've been raw for a little over a year and have a few of the popular raw recipe books: Sarma's, Ani's Essentials, and Ani's Desserts. Around the same time I bought this one by Judita, a raw blog's ("Rawmazing", which I highly recommend!), and San Francisco's Cafe Gratitude's recipe book. But Judita's is the one I've turned to the most. It has quickly become my favorite, if nothing else than to stare at the beautiful layout and pictures!



Her recipes aren't crazy unique, but they are all wonderful and everything I've tried have all come out amazing. Also, like most raw food books, there is a great deal of information on sprouting, dehydrating, technique, and reasons to be raw. Though most raw food books all say the same thing, I still managed to learn new things and think about things I already knew in different ways, which I really appreciated. And the fact that she has a method for blooming wild rice the raw way and have it turn out just as good as cooked rice is reason ALONE to get this book! I seriously love everything about this book, so don't hesitate to go for it!

I've been a raw foodie for quite a while, but I still found the recipes in this book to be inspiring as well as easy to follow. Included are many other informative tidbits of information which would really help anyone thinking about this lifestyle. I have many raw food recipe books, but this is definitely my new favourite- the pictures are colourful and inspiring, the ingredients used in the recipes are not strange or unusual and the bonus DVD is also a good bonus. The only flaw is the reliance on a dehydrator, which may deter some people from being able to make a number of the recipes. However, for anyone new to the raw food lifestyle, there are so many useful tidbits and tips that this would be a great starting purchase, and for those who have already adopted the lifestyle, the recipes are interesting and you will get a few new ideas.

I am at a stage where I am just flirting with RAW foods and have been working on adding more and more dishes to my un/cooking. Some of the raw cookbooks are great, but VERY time intense, others have quick and easy recipes, but really don't taste that great. Going Raw gives you the best of both worlds. Recipes that are generally easy to prepare (within the frame of RAW foods) and are delicious. My teenagers are pretty picky eaters when it comes to healthy foods, so that's a good elimination process right there to which recipes work and which don't and even they like a lot of what I have made out of this book.

The trail mix energy bars alone are worth the price of the book! I just had the Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie and it's nourishing and delicious.

All the information in the book is detailed, beautifully illustrated with many step-by-step photographs and kept to just the right amount where you don't fee overwhelmed. Great stuff!

This is a great book for those who are looking to make steps to go raw. It's a good basic raw book with delicious raw recipes including wonderful and tasty smoothies (all of which I have tried and were delicious), raw "meat" for tacos and pizza, and there's a fantastic recipe for brownies (Mexican style with a kick). I also appreciated the DVD which is included with the book, that offers Judita's techniques in the kitchen that even the most novice cook to the more experienced can appreciate. This book is loaded with fabulous color photos and offers an insight into what it means to go raw. After reading this book, it's quite easy for one to go raw or even begin to incorporate more raw food into their diets. All the recipes are easy to make and do require some prep time, but it's totally worth it as the dishes are very good. This is one of the better raw books that I have purchased and it has certainly earned its keep on my raw book shelf.

This recipe book is just awesome. The recipes I have tried so far are fantastic, the photos are beautiful, and the instructions are easy to understand. This is a great recipe book for raw foodies or anybody who likes to be creative in the kitchen. I did notice on the recipe for "Mexican Spiced Brownies" on page 134, that it calls for 3 tablespoons cinnamon. This seemed like a lot to me, so I just used 1 tablespoon and the brownies came out divine. I think it might have been a typo.

So, I'm no good with my dehydrator but Judita's book has a lot of easy recipes that work great with my trusty blender!! The chocolate orange parfaits are to die for! I made them for non-vegan friends who were bowled over and so was my nephew.



For myself, I turn to her juice recipes daily and I love that it came with a DVD. A lot of the other raw books on the market intimidated me. For instance, I love Cafe Gratitude to bits but that cookbook is so next level I haven't been able to make a think. Judita's book has a lot of bright pictures, easy directions and innovative recipes that make eating healthy really easy. Yippee! - Raw - Healthy Living - Raw Food - Raw Cookbook'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Raw Food Cookbook - raw, healthy living raw cookbook Raw Food Cookbook - raw, healthy living