Wednesday 19 October 2011

Cutter - braun, cutter


Braun will tell you that the foil and cutting head need to be replaced every 18 months, but I shaved much longer than that with the original cutting assembly, perhaps too long. Replacing was a snap, literally, and using the shaver after replacement with this new cutting assembly improved the shave from my Braun.

I was quite pleased that this foil has the updated hexagonal grid pattern rather than my old circular hole pattern in the original foil. This design does seem better at catching the facial hair for a closer shave.

The only thing I was disappointed in was the rather large S&H charge to send the cutter and foil set by mail. I think this company should do better at less packaging and a lower postal rate. Braun 7000-Series Syncro Shaver Replacement Foil & Cutter Set

I've had an 8000 series Braun electric razor for a few years now, and when I went to replace the cutter and foils a 2nd time I was surprised to find how quickly the quality of the replacement parts had gone down hill. The ridge between the foils grabbed at the hair on my face painfully without fail and the cutters were notably dull and chewed up my neck. This was a far cry from the quality and reliability that had shaped my opinion of Braun and its products. Thankfully, I followed some reviewer suggestions and gave this 7000 series replacement a try. Not only did it fit my razor, but it performed at the level that I was used to. Just picked up a 2nd set in case these become harder to find in a year...

I have read that some versions of the 7000 series foils do not fit, but this one fit my 7526 Braun Synchro perfectly, and works great. If you have a 7000 series Braun, drop a few bucks more than the cheapo models and get the real deal.

I purchased the razor used on craigslist. The original owner said the razor simply didn't work for him. It didn't for me at first as it left visible marks on my face that remained all day. Once I got the new foil and cutter it works great, giving a much closer shave than my old Norelco. - Cutter - Braun - Foil'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information