Saturday 8 October 2011

Bicycle Comfort Seat - comfort, saddle


My wife and I both have the same bikes, with very similar setups. We both needed replacement saddles around the same time, so I did my homework and purchased two of these Schwinn Pillow Top saddles. What a difference! No more sore rear end! Don't be fooled by the "pillow top" desciption - it's just marketing. It's not "soft" like a pillow. The seat is firm, but comfortable enough for long rides, with a stable frame and well matched springs. The split down the middle of the seat is functionally effective without making the seat feel odd. It doesn't feel like there is a major section of the seat cut out. Also, it's not really a big, wide, oversized seat like a lot of the "cruiser" marketed seats. In other words, it doesn't look out of place or dorky on our hybrid street/trail bikes. I would definitely recommend buying this replacement model from Schwinn. Schwinn Pillow Top Cruiser Bicycle Seat

Out of the box it seems very soft & cushy but once I installed it after about 10mins it felt hard. I took it off and took a better look at it, Theres 2 screws that you need to loosen up to make this seat work better, I guess the factory overtightens them to be sure, but by doing this they totally compress the rubber springs making the suspension/cushion useless. I just loosened the screws and now the seat works 100% it was $$ well spent. All & all a pretty good seat with plenty of cushioning. Just wanted to pass this tip off

Great replacement seat if you get at all uncomfortable while riding. The seat is wide and cushy, giving plenty of support to the places where we need it most. Looks good too, not overly enormous. I ride a Schwinn bicycle, so it looks like it belongs. I definitely recommend this seat!

Be relieved, those days of feeling like your being assualted by your bike seat is over. This seat is ultra comfortable, and it's wide so you have ample support. The instructions are kind of hazy, but luckily you can just slip the whole seat in, and take out your old one.

Hope this review helps.

I'm as close to a classic ectomorph as it comes (6'2", 165lbs) so I don't have a lot of -ahem- padding back there. Let me tell you this seat is bliss! It's wide and soft and also narrow in all the right places. The seat is not soft like a pillow top mattress, rather I would best describe it as supportive - firm but still plenty padded. There are rubber bumpers in the back which do a good job absorbing the bumps, even with a hardtail bike. There is a small channel down the middle to protect your man parts, but it's not as deep as other seats so if man part protection is really high on the list, you might look elsewhere. Otherwise, its really comfy and I can pedal for miles in this saddle.



I was quite surprised to find it ships with a seat clamp that fits 7/8inch seat posts (BMX style). If your bike is more modern, chuck this out and clamp to the seat rails directly. The seat rails are rather short so there's not a lot of fore-aft adjustment possible.



The seat is not overly heavy. In fact, considering its size I'd say it is surprisingly light. I'm sure this is due to use of high density urethane foam vs. gel. Seat is covered with a rubbery surface (no fabric at all) so its not well ventilated, but when you're pedaling hard no seat fabric type will really prevent the sweats.



Overall, highly recommended and one of the best investments I've made for my bike.

I keep searching for the truly comfortable bicycle seat. This seat is good - much better than the last seat - but not yet perfect. If anything the seat is too narrow [I am not overweight ~150 lb] and the center crotch is too high.

This isn't as large as a cruiser saddle and it is more comfortable.

It is no bigger than the Brooks springer models; however, this Schwinn is lighter and easier. The Schwinn has no hard edges and it actually helps circulation rather than what usually happens with a larger saddle.

What a nice difference!

As for mine, I caused it to support a performance riding posture (headfirst--road style) by removing the tiny screws from the front, drilling 3 large holes underneath at the front, fishing some foam out of the "horn" through those holes underneath to soften the "underneath" contact area.

The slight extra weight of this saddle was certainly worth its facilitation for comfy distance. It is about half the weight of other saddles this size. That's size 4 (small cruiser, large mountain). It won't "friction" your legs too much.

For a road bike (if Terry Cite X isn't enough) just go ahead and use it (adaptation to soften the "horn" described above). Sure, this looks different, but go with whatever works. Having the padding in the saddle instead is a great way to stay cool in the summer. Its also really good for a "spinbike" saddle, simply because its easier to spin when you can actually sit down.

It does not need any modification to use it with a hybrid or mountain bike. Pop it right on and bliss is yours.

This item is a highly-recommend for those who want more distance. Time in the saddle is key, and this one is a nice place to be.

I bought this seat based on all the positive reviews so I was very excited to get it. But once I did.... well it's just not right for me. I have adjusted it many times, trying different positions, but it's just not right. I was so surprised by this that I went back and checked my order to be sure I ordered the right seat. Yes, I had ordered the one I intended, but upon my review of the other people's remarks, I noticed that many of those who left high praise are built "different" from me. I admit, I've got a skinny butt. And I think this seat is designed and better suited to people who need more realestate in a saddle. I think the padding is put in the wrong location for people like me.



So my recommendation is, if you have a skinny butt, you'll probably want to pass on this seat. - Comfort - Bicycle Comfort Seat - Bike Seat - Saddle'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bicycle Comfort Seat - comfort, saddle bike seat Bicycle Comfort Seat - comfort, saddle