Sunday 14 August 2011

Speakers - home theater, speakers


This product is stylish and functional. Solid black finish matches most decor schemes. The product "hides" the speaker wires. Very sturdy. This product is an excellent match for the Bose 301 speakers. Bose FS-1 Bookshelf Speaker Floor Stands (pair) - Black and Silver

Great stands to have for your Bose 201 or 301 bookshelf speakers. They are very sturdy. Won't tip over. I think the price is high for 4 sheets of metal and a couple of aluminum tubes, but what else can you do with your speakers if you don't have bookshelves or a large entertainment center. The black and silver blends in well too.

I needed a set of stands that held my Paradigm bookshelf speakers, but would be sturdy enough to not tip over if my baby pulled herself up on them. This set of stands has an extremely wide base (15x12 3/4) which helps keep it from topping over. Also, it has rubber feet on both the base as well as the pedestal which help keep it from sliding. Lastly, the pedestal is wide enough that even if my daughter were able to rock the stands, the speakers aren't sliding off.



Overall, great stands and great looking! My only complaint would be that there are only two screws that hold the posts into the base, which causes the post to slightly sway when my daughter pulls up on them. Nothing significant, but if they had added a third screw it would have prevented this.

Excellent stands for non-fixed bookshelf speakers. They come with enough rubber bumpers to isolate them from the floor, and the speaker from the top deck. I was happy with the wire hiding system. The hole in the back and the base are large enough to snake most larger diameter Monster/ or studio wires, through easily, though you might need to raise the feet for really big bundles of wire, especially if you have power cords to them. The base is sufficiently wide to make them very stable. I'm running M-Audio Studiophile M-40s through an Airport express system. These set the speakers right at the side bolster height on my living room sofas, placing the speakers at listener chest level when sitting. They also look good. It is a clean contemporary design that blends well. I have one set, am ordering a second, and will probably buy a third set later on. They feel substantive, and won't get knocked over in normal use.



A good choice at this price point!

Placing Bose speakers on the floor or on chairs isn't exactly the way they're meant to be heard. Raise them up a bit and you can tell where their intended. Knowing what needed to be done, I purchased speaker stands. It's better looking, and disperses the sound out evenly across the room, what more can I say, it works for me.

These stands are nice and heavy and they feel substantial as soon as you begin to put them together. The heavy duty construction allows you to feel safe knowing your speakers won't tip over with only a slight nudge. The black and silver go well with the black and silver construction of bose 201s or 301 - I have both (301s for front stereo sound and 201s for rear surround sound). The price tag (I feel) is somewhat excessive but you won't remember the cost in a year if you have the right speakers for these anyway.

I couldn't find a satisfactory set of speakers for my infiniti bookshelves. Finally, when I came across this set with the Bose name, I jumped on them. The stands and shelves are made of heavy grade metal, so they are very sturdy. They assemble quite easily, but the directions were a little vague regarding front and back, top and bottom. It's important, since the stands have a hole for the speaker wire to pass through. I had to assemble and dis-assemble the first one a couple of times before I got it right. It's not that big of a deal though, since it's just four screws.



As usual with Bose, everything assembled as promised. No special tools were required. I always marvel at how efficient Bose packaging is. They must spend as much time designing ergonomic packaging as they do on the products themselves. I've made three Bose purchases through Amazon and they are three for three. Great speaker stands. They look great in my room - Surround - Home Theater - Speakers - Bose'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information