Tuesday 23 August 2011

Avatar


I bought this system to replace my older Panasonic Home Theater system that I bought in 2008. Some things I didn't like about the system was the remote control layout (it seems almost upside down), although the remote control did have some great perks like a dedicated Netflix button which I love, plus home, and Viera Cast buttons. These made it easy to jump straight to the home screen, or Internet content. I also have a Panasonic HDTV, and though it odd that this blu ray player's GUI didn't allow for adding custom titles to the two HDMI inputs like my TV does. You'll have to remember which is which, but at least you get two HDMI in, and an HDMI out which is a big plus. Perfect for PS3, or Xbox owners who want to take advantage of 5.1 surround without extra cables, or wires. You'll have to position the wireless rear speaker unit fairly close to the TV or the rear speakers will cut out. I was able to solve this by putting the wireless unit in a large empty space under my reclining sofa.



What I like about the unit is as mentioned some of the dedicated buttons on the remote for fast access to the home screen, or Internet content, or dedicated apps such as Netflix, and Skype. The Skype camera is sold separately, but is still a nice addition. I'm no guru, but In comparison to my older system the sound was great. The surround sound was clear, and unlike my older system I was able to adjust the speaker volume independently, which is a huge plus. My kids were amazed it really did sound like we were sitting in a movie theater, which is something my older system didn't quite accomplish.



Disc playback is good, and it will play a regular DVD. Switching between Live TV, game console, and receiver is easy and painless, but would be better if each HDMI had individual dedicated buttons on the remote. It may be possible to fix this using the extra color coded keys, but I haven't tried it.



I had Amazon Prime, so for an extra 4 bucks I got it in three days! I saved about $50 buying it from Amazon vs direct from Panasonic, plus some when you figure in the cost of shipping. All in all I love this system, even with a few quirks, and would absolutely recommend this to a friend. Panasonic SC-BTT770 5.1 Channel 3D Blu-ray Cinema Surround Home Entertainment System

I have been buying Panasonic products for years now. In the past, I have always been impressed with the quality and performance of their products. In some ways, it does live up to my expectations, but in some ways it is a letdown. The main issue I have is the high-frequency response. There is little brilliance and excitement in the sound quality. I haven't experimented with hooking up different speakers to it yet, but I have to say it is only so-so sounding because of the lack of treble. The bass is plentiful and boomy, if not with some inaccuracy. I didn't buy this for my prime audio system, so I am okay with it.



The Blu-Ray 3D player is great. The picture quality is outstanding. It plays dirty discs without a hiccup. The load time is okay. The built-in WiFi is a great feature with all that goes with it such as YouTube and Netflix. It integrates perfectly with my Panasonic TV through the Vierra Link which eliminates some confusion and enhances the user-friendliness of the two together. The wireless rear speakers work fine with no interference whatsoever. The fact that I can add a set of wireless speakers (and a transmitter) is useful if I wanted to expand this into a full fledged 7.1 system. The remote control is layed out differently than one might expect, but it's easy to get used to and easy to use. I wish the front panel had more controls on it, but it's not a big deal. The ARC feature (audio return channel through the HDMI) is a great feature, which allows the TV audio to be fed automatically through the receiver. The iPod dock works well.



Setup was a breeze, if you know what you're doing. The instructions are pretty thorough and were helpful for setup and usage. Overall, this is a decent home theater system with plenty of features if you're not too picky about sound quality. I normally am more picky, but as a system just for my bedroom, it suits me fine.

The Panasonic 770 is a nice system. It was simple to set up out of the box. The rear surround speakers needed to be placed on a wall opposite the receiver/player and you need an electric outlet nearby. The sound coming from the rear speakers is light but the system in general is light but perfect for my living room of 18'x14'. Otherwise, the system is not intended to blow off the clothes of a woman only to provide enough sound level for your enjoyment. The DVD is very good also, it upgrades older movies to 1080i and BluRay is clear with very vivid, almost 3D effects and colors. I haven't tried 3D because my TV is an older Sony LCD and I don't have any 3D movies at this time. I am thinking of upgrading in the future and I think that this system should give me the sound and picture quality I need. The ARC feature is nice but unfortunately my TV doesn't support it if I wanted to listen to my Cable HD channels thru the surround system. Again for the future.

I bought this to replaced a Bose 3-2-1 system. I'm so glad I did! Not only does this sound better in general, it is nice to have a true surround sound system as opposed to the not so "room filling" sound of the Bose. Of course, this unit works like a charm with my Panasonic TV and the connectivity to other components, as well as the internet, makes this a very versatile system. I have not tried the 3D features yet, not a feature I was looking for, but a nice extra. My only complaint is the remote! I'd like to smack the guy that designed it. The layout of the remote seems to make you want to hold it upside down, a nit-pick but a real annoyance. Overall, and I'm no audiophile, it sounds great, easy to connect to your tv/cable/game console, lots of online functionality, and I really like not having to run rear wires, that was my number one priority LESS WIRES! This system filled the bill perfectly.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Avatar Avatar Avatar