Monday 4 July 2011

Headlight Restoration - car care, clean headlights


I've tried several other headlight restoration kits but this one actually worked as advertised. It was easy to use and took maybe 10 minutes total per headlight. I had to use the full kit including the sandpaper squares so this added to the time it took. The result does not create like-new headlights but the improvement is dramatic. Before, my lenses were so cloudy that I could not see the bulb inside. Now, they are clear enough that I can easily read the printing on the bulbs. I highly recommend this product. Mothers PowerBall 4Lights Headlight Restoration Kit

The headlights on my 14 year old vehicle had become pretty cloudy. I tried another brand of restorer but it only helped marginally. The Mothers product did a much better job of clearing the lenses up.



The kit says it normally only needs the powerball and included polish but in extreme cases it instructs you to use the included abrasive sponge pads (wet). They have 4 grades of abrasives and you work through them from 1 to 4 and then use the powerball and polish again.



Although it did not get the lens crystal clear it was an enormous improvement and I plan on doing a re-do which I suspect will complete the job, or nearly so. When sanding with the pads it's a bit hard to tell how much you have sanded off and I think practice would help - but how often do most people end up doing this?



The pads could be a bit larger but they were far better than the other brand I had tried before.



I would recommend this product to anyone with clouded plastic headlights.

The package includes everything you need. Although the polishing ball and supplied plastic polish are shown as handling all but the worst hazing, I found that use of the supplied wet sanding pads are a must do for all but the most minor hazing. That being said; if you carefully follow the directions you should obtain excellent results. Overall a very good product.

I have two vehicles with cloudy plastic headlight lenses. I have previously tried other kits, applying the polish by hand, without success. As Amazon's price for this kit was good, I thought I'd try it.

The kit arrived yesterday, and I tried it on one of the cars. It works! I didn't need to use the pads, the powerball and polish removed all the cloudiness in only a few minutes.

So often, things are advertised that fail to meet expectations. This product actually does exactly what it claims to.

The headlight restoration kit does the job but it was work. The 1998 Honda CR-V took over two hours to get rid of the yellowing but some of the fogginess is still on the light. Even with that, this made a huge improvement. I used up the cordless drill battery very quickly and switched to a variable speed plug-in drill. That worked much better. The 2000 Toyota Tacoma took about 5 minutes per light and were like new. Will use on 2001 Highlander this weekend. Use very little of the polish at a time and replenish often or you will sling the stuff everywhere. The kit comes with some sanding pads to use on lights with severe yellowing & fogginess. However, I did not try that on any of the vehicles, yet. I may give it a try on the honda to see if I can get it totally clear. All in all - good product.

I bought this for my GF's 1998 Chrysler Concorde, i used it and it helped a good amount. The lights were a lot better than they were, still foggy but all the yellow tint was gone. Prior to use, the bulbs were not visible, now they were. I tried several applications, they reached a point where that was the plateau, they wouldn't get any better, they looked a lot better & she was happy. A few months later a friend of mine seen them and with nothing but a paper towel applied Blue Coral brand (I think that was the name) and with minimal effort, they were new again. Save time and effort & go with Blue Coral brand 1st!!!

I refinished a couple plastic lenses by hand, which was a lot of work and not all that effective. With this kit, I've now done three sets of headlights and I'm thrilled. All the lenses were very yellowed and scratched, and for each I used the complete set of wet-and-dry papers. Even with this full-on treatment, it's 5-10 minutes per headlight for badly damaged lenses. The results, in my opinion, are great. A couple of the lenses aren't perfectly like new, but hey, these were pretty awful and it's a _HUGE_ improvement! My lights are much brighter at night, and they look great. If the lights are in good shape you probably won't need all the sanding grits and it would be faster. Either way, it's an easy job.



Compared to a DIY where I attempted to purchase sheets of very fine sandpaper (like 2000 grit - this stuff is hard to find), the kit is less expensive, MUCH faster and easier to use, and it works a lot better. I'll probably never know if there are better kits, because this one was a great value and it does all I need. The polish is supposed to have UV inhibitors and help preserve lenses, so I 'touch' up the lenses every once in a while (probably every 6 weeks in summer; less in winter - when I get around to it) and in the past year they haven't noticeably faded.

Fantastic product! I expected to have to use the severe damage pads on our more-than-a-little-hazy twelve-year-old headlights based on other reviews, but about five minutes per headlight with the powerball tool, polish, and towel were enough to deliver excellent results--well worth the under-$30 price tag! - Clean Headlights - Car Care - Restoration - Automotive'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Headlight Restoration - car care, clean headlights clean headlights Headlight Restoration - car care, clean headlights