Tuesday 21 June 2011

Yoga Accessories


I recently read about this product in a magazine, and ordered it since I liked the idea of using a product to clean my yoga mat that was designed specifically for that purpose. The 8-ounce size is a really large bottle, and just a few sprays on each side of my mat and some wipes with a paper towel leave it smelling and looking fresh and clean. I can easily see this bottle lasting at least eight or nine months, even if I use this a few times a week.



I also ordered this in the "Soothing Citrus" scent, and was surprised that it didn't really smell like citrus at all. The list of ingredients should have warned me that the bergamot, frankincense, and patchouli oils would not give this a citrus-y scent, and those three smells were definitely the dominant ones. If you're sensitive to strong smells like I am, however, you should find that the smell dissipates really quickly after you spray it on and wipe it off. I didn't notice the smell at all after about a minute.



Overall, great product!



UPDATED ON 10/5/10: Just wanted to add that I've been using this to clean my exercise equipment (spin bike, boxing bag, etc.), and it works great for that purpose, too! Manduka Mat Renew Yoga Mat Spray, 8-Ounce Bottle (Energizing Gingergrass)

I am in love with my Manduka mat! It is durable, sticky, reliable, and just works! I wanted to invest in a cleaning product and this one is made for the mat. I have enjoyed using it and while a bit expensive, it is good to know I am taking care of my Manduka....If you don't want to buy this exact brand, I am sure you can find comparable brands for cleaning your mat, which is the most important thing!!

I bought this when purchasing the Manduka mat. I have used it a few times to help get the 'slick' feeling off the new mat, as well as to clean it. It dries quickly, doesn't leave a residue, and has a great smell!

I practice Power Yoga that causes so much sweating during the class that mat towel is requirement to avoid slippage. Even with mat towel, mat cleansing after practice is definitely recommended. When I started purchasing towels Manduka was one of the brands I stuck with. Soon enough, I wanted to treat my yoga mat(s) with good cleaning solution, so when I came across Manduka brand yoga mat cleanser, I could not pass it on. Great news is that Manduka stands by its brand reputation. I bought cleanser with lemongrass smell and it cleans my mat wonderfully while leaving a pleasant fragrance that lasts. I am sure I have found the right brand of cleanser for my yoga mats (I definitely have more than one!). Seller shipped product quickly.

I bought this product as upkeep for my Manduka Pro. It leaves a very light fragrance on the mat - barely noticeable, really. It cleans well after a typical Anusara class. I practice in the park once a week, and I just clean my mat in the shower afterward. I'm not sure why they would market this as a mat "renew(er)." The thing I dislike about the Pro is the slick surface when it's new. Don't worry, this spray does NOT renew the Pro's slick surface.

I use this spray each time I finish up my fitness work, whether I've done yoga, plyometrics, etc.

I spray this on, wipe it down, and let it dry with the mat flat for about a half hour [I have an exercise room at home, so I have this luxury] and then roll my mat up and store it.

This spray imparts a nice, clean fragrance and helps to clean my mat, so it is ready for the next session.

This spray works great on my manduka mat. Pleasant scent, but very faint and doesn't last, which is a plus for me. Spray on and wipe off, easy, not messy. I would highly recommend this spray mat cleaner.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Yoga Accessories Yoga Accessories Yoga Accessories