Monday 13 June 2011

10000 Steps - fitness, step counter


I love my little pedometer! It's just the added motivation to get moving that I needed.

The HJ-203 is small and light, with an easy to read large display.

Benefits are:

- Accurately counts steps whether it is in my pocket, on my belt, or in my purse.

- Fastens securely with a locking clip

- 7 day history for steps, distance, & calories (with a separate counting for exercise/action mode)

- Special mode for exercise - this really helped accuracy while running!



I would highly recommend this pedometer. And as a fun feature, if you make the 10,000 step goal, there is a small figure on the display celebrating your accomplishment!

I wanted something I could put in my pants pocket during the day no matter if I had shorts, jeans or dress pants. This fits the bill. Easy to setup and read out and keeps 7 days of data so I do not need to check it every day.

I am very pleased with this item. I owned a previous model of Omron that seemed to wear out and not keep steps as accurately at the end of its life. I found that model pretty accurate until after about 2 years of regular use. I knew Omron offered quality products, and decided to replace my failing pedometer with this newer model. This is definitely the most accurate pedometer I have ever had. As others have mentioned, it is necessary to ensure that the pedometer remain in a near perfect vertical or horizontal position in order for it to accurately record. Amazingly, it works perfectly well while even being placed completely upside down, as long as it is fairly vertical. I usually don't have trouble with positioning, though. I like that this model is small, so it is easy to conceal. However, I do miss not having a clip for it, like I did for my previous pedometer. Being a woman who rarely wears pockets, most of the time, I place my pedometer into position in my undergarments and use the clip to prevent a loss in case the pedometer dislodges. I know that eventually the plastic clip that comes with this device will wear out, (as it did with my previous model), so I went to the baby/infant section of my local department store and bought myself a stainless steel, durable clip that is used to prevent loss of pacifiers. This will make the perfect replacement when my clip eventually wears out. I have used the activity function, and although it is interesting, I admit I don't use it that often. I'm mainly more interested in the total cumulated steps at the end of the day. All in all, I really enjoy this pedometer and am glad I bought it. I would recommend it for its accuracy and small size. I even appreciate the animated character that jumps in celebration when I reach my 10,000 steps. As silly as this may seem, I know that on more than one occasion, I found creative ways in getting steps, just so I could view my celebrating character. You will not be disappointed in this purchase. - Omron Pedometer - Walking - Step Counter - Fitness'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information