Thursday 21 April 2011

Screwdriver - extension, socket


I needed an adapter to connect my sockets to my cordless drill. I came across these on Amazon for only $3.50. I really only needed them for one repair project I was working on, so I didn't care if they only lasted me for the one use. To my amazement, the are actually built really strong! My Stanley sockets and drive extensions snap on really tight. Actually almost too tight. I had to really pull to get them off. Which is fine with me. I would rather they be on tight then fall off every 30 seconds.



You get 3 adapters to fit sockets for: 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch and, 1/2 inch.



I am so glad I opted to buy this set vs. just the 3/8 inch one I found at our local Home Depot. Home Depot had the one adapter for almost twice as much as this whole set. In the end I ended up needing the 1/2 inch too so it was so worth buying the whole set.



The quality of these way surpassed my expectations. Now, instead of throwing them away after my project was complete like I expected, I am put them in my tool box with my sockets. I definitely will be using these more often! 3 Pc. Power Extension Socket Adaptor for Drills

Its just a set of cheap china set of Socket Adapter for Drills. Already broke four. They should work okay for the home owner. I knew what I was buying, its not the sellers fault. At the breakage rate I am having= craftsman. For a little more money= made in USA, forged, not cast cheap metal. The seller is great. Its just a cheap product.

Amazing how many items come through my house requiring assembly with sockets or hex keys. These guys take the socket wrench out of my hand and replace it with a drill ... They've gotten me back to the sofa ahead of schedule on many a weekend. Make sure to adjust the torque on the drill to avoid over tightening - can pretty easily damage what you're working on OR twist the drill out of your hand. Only concern I've noted is that the finish seems to have tarnished over time.

I have purchased two of these from the same seller via amazon. The first set was perfect and exactly like in the picture with one slot in the shaft for the bearings in the driver chuck to connect. I liked it, and ordered another to have one in a dedicated portable tool chest. The second set was ordered using the same link, but was not the same socket adapters at all. There were two slim slots in the shaft and got immediately stuck in my dewalt 18 volt impact driver. I had to rip it out with the assistance of vice-grips and persistent knocking with a second wrench. The first set is nice, but the second almost damaged my far more expensive tool.

For three of these in decent quality they are good for the price. Now I can use my cordless screwdriver for bolts on my car, going to be much nicer at taking things apart than using a ratchet that takes forever. I recommend these.

This served the purpose of exactly what I needed, to be able to use my drill with my many socket sets. And for only a few dollars, I cant complain. Obviously this was not made for impact wrenches, but then again neither are drills. :) - Socket - Extension - Drill - Screwdriver'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Screwdriver - extension, socket drill Screwdriver - extension, socket