Sunday 13 March 2011

Samsung - samsung, 240hz


These glasses work great for me. I use them with the Samsung PN59D6500 3D plasma and the picture quality is breathtaking. I had gotten two pairs of these with the Shrek/Megamind starter package, bought another pair from BB for $150, and just picked up two more pairs for just under $50 each on Amazon. I liked them at $150, but loooove them at less than $50.



I actually prefer that these are not rechargeable, because for a family it's a pain in the butt to rotate 4 or 5 pairs through charging, figure out which ones need charging, etc. Its a whole lot easier just to keep some spare batteries around. Besides, these use Bluethooth, and as such get great battery life. I have used two pairs of these glasses for over 48 hours worth of 3D viewing and the batteries are still running strong.



The lenses also seem to clean easily without scratching. Samsung SSG-3100GB 3D Active Glasses - Black (Only Compatible with 2011 3D TVs)

These are the 2011 model 3D glasses that ship with the Shrek/Megamind 3D starter kit, which in my case was included as a free promotional item with my 59" D8000 television.



In actual use, they're great. A button cell battery installs into one of the "eyecup" pieces; the on/off switch is conveniently located on the right top corner of the glasses in an easy to find / easy to use location. Pairing occurs automatically and the television recognizes when the glasses are on and synced. I have not had any problems with crosstalk or sync issues and, being Bluetooth and NOT relying on line of sight IR reception like last year's glasses, I have no problems when I look away from the screen.



There are a couple of negatives.



- These glasses are not rechargeable. I haven't run out a battery yet as I don't have enough 3D content to blow through, but I imagine I'll need to stock up on button cells to avoid inopportune interruptions.



- These glasses sit a tiny bit high on my large nose. This forces me to slightly lower my head and look at the television dead-on, to avoid the resulting "uncovered area" between the bottom of the lenses and my cheeks. This isn't *necessarily* uncomfortable or unnatural, but it does force me into a more upright posture and doesn't facilitate viewing from a reclined position (eyes lowered). This is a common problem I have with sunglasses, too, and probably isn't an issue for those of you with more "normal" apportioned schnozzes. (I mounted my TV "mid height" on the wall -- not at "above the fireplace" height which might eliminate this problem, and not at "sits on a TV stand height" which might exacerbate the issue).



- The wide lenses (my theory) result in reflection from any surface or object directly behind my seated position. I had a box stacked behind the couch with some lettering on it, and the lettering shows up in the periphery of my lens. Two solutions: dark back wall either with lighting or with paint, or longer eyecups /sideguards along the sides of the glasses (yeah, I'm talking about cardboard or construction paper!!) to eliminate the entrance of this light.



Of my criticisms, #1 is solved by Samsung's rechargeable glasses, but #2 & #3 would appear to be common problems based on appearance.



These, being the least expensive glasses of the Samsung lineup, are probably a good bet to have on hand in the event friends are coming over to watch a 3D movie, if you're so inclined.

These glasses are really great! These are for the 2011 and up model Samsung TV's. They are very comfortable and will even fit right over your glasses. My 4 year old daughter even wears them without a complaint. So they do really fit everyone. They are lightweight and the battery life is great. Generally I get about 70 hours out of a pair. I buy a 10 pack of replaceable batteries for a couple dollars and they will last me a year or more.



Its nice that they have upgraded these to bluetooth. Now you can go anywhere within a decent range and they will still work. They work right out of the box. All you have to do is load up a battery. They are only compatible with the current Samsung TV's. Although every manufacturer makes their own glasses and generally none are compatible with each other. I believe the active shutter glasses are much better for "3D" than the passive technology. But that seems to be a choice among manufacturers. Sure the passive glasses are cheaper but personally I don't think the 3D effect is as awesome. However the only experience I have had with passive glasses is watching the TV's at my local best buy so take my opinion with a grain of salt.



I am very happy with these glasses and they make 3D movies look wonderful! Samsung has dropped the price to about $50 now so they are very affordable. I have 3 pairs of these glasses and 2 of the rechargeable's and these are much more comfortable on my head. They are lighter and balanced better. They are also quite a bit cheaper than the rechargeables (plus the rechargeables don't fold up).



One pair I received from Amazon was cracked out of the box but Amazon was quick to make it right. Don't hesitate to get these glasses! They are great! - Samsung - 240hz'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


240hz Samsung - samsung, 240hz