Saturday 5 March 2011

Interactive - interactive, wii


I bought this item for my in-laws. They love to play the wii bowling when they are over our house. They originally wanted to buy a wii but not worth the money to them because they only like the bowling game. We bought this as an alternative for them. I just got it today and decided to test it out with my husband before we give it to them as a christmas gift. Set up was easy, add batteries, plug and play!!! No problems with the remote sync. We tested all the games and they were fun. I think my father-in-law will like the bowling game alot. I did press the sync button on the console by mistake thinking it was the power button and needed to re-sync the remote. I followed the instructions on the back of the console and had no problems. Overall, very easy, great for kids and adults. I would purchase again. Jakks Pacific Ultimotion Swing Zone Sports Motion Controller Video Game

This is actually a fun toy. I've played with it for a few days now, and I'm actually pretty pleased with it given the price. No, it's not a Wii. It's a toy that costs about 1/10th of a Wii. So no direct comparisons should be made. And with that said, this game unit still has some really fun game play. It's meant to be a toy, not a serious gaming platform.



I've read a few complaints about syncing the remote with the base unit. It's quite easy, and I've not had a single problem. The complainers either were using old batteries or so technologically inept that the touch-tone phone is still a new concept for them. Turn the base unit "on"; Press "A" on the remote. Done!



All the (5) sporting games are fun, and they're all quite unique from each other. (1) Golf: The course is a bit boring--but the wind strength and direction make it interesting. (2) Bowling. (What can I say? It's bowling! But there is "bumper bowling" for the wee-ones.) (3) Tennis. (One player.) Probably my least favorite, because I stink at it (4) Home-Run Derby. (5) Football: (A game of accuracy, as you throw a football through moving targets.)



Set-up was easy. My "gripes" (word used loosely) is that the sound is only mono (not stereo), and there's only one remote (so there's no head-to-head game play). But with that said--these guys had to cut costs somewhere, so I see these offenses as passable. Buy a "Y" RCA splitter, and tell the kids to share. (Some games have 2-player mode, others do not.)



For the money (approximately 1/10th of a Wii), this is a great little purchase. It's great for occasional use, and for non-serious gamers. And considering how many other parents I know who have Wii's on shelves (unused) collecting dust--this is a great niche product that's perfect for a lot of people.

I bought this for my 63 year old father to play with his 9 and 12 yr old grandkids. For that purpose, it is great. Most games had a short learning curve, you could pick it up quickly. I visited this past weekend and my arm is still sore from how much we played it (note, you do not have to go wild with a product like this, you can simply flick your wrist and you will get as good or even better results than swinging away...but what fun is that?!?) Keep in mind this is not a Wii, and shouldn't be compared to it. Review of the games:



Bowling. 1-2 players. Regular or with bumpers. 10 frames. Little learning curve. I list this first because it was, by a wide margin, the most played in our household. The bowling game offers a good level playing field. No matter your real world talent, anyone can win a game of Jakks bowling, which makes it perfect to play with younger kids or your wife =) Lots of fun.



Golf. 1-2 players. 9 holes at a time. Medium learning curve. Golf was fun, nothing overly impressive, but about what I would have expected. Sand and water traps, par 3-5. Pretty fun, and even the kids can pull off 300+ yard drives.



Baseball. 1-2 players. Low to medium learning curve. Home run derby only, 10 pitches per player per game. This game is all about timing. There isn't much to it, but it manages to stay fun. Pitcher throws the ball, you swing. 10 times. Player with the most total home run footage wins. This is the game that gave me a sore shoulder for 2 days.



Football. 1-2 players. Target practice only, think of the QB challenge. Higher learning curve. You throw footballs at moving targets and get points depending on how far away the target is and how close the the bulls eye you get. Hit the guy running track and you get 500 pts and an extra throw. This game has a learning curve, and you will need to play it a number of times to get good at it. Also make sure to wear the strap on this one! After telling everyone the horrors of what could happen if you don't, I didn't and threw the ball right into the wall (thank goodness it wasn't the window or tv). While I enjoyed this game, no one else really liked it in the house.



Tennis. 1 player only. The worst of the games. Pretty difficult to actually beat the computer opponent. No one in the house played tennis after trying it once. I took a number of stabs at it, if you want to play a good tennis game you will have to spring for a Wii.



Thats it, buy and enjoy! - Recommended - Wii - Interactive - Toys'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Interactive - interactive, wii interactive Interactive - interactive, wii