Saturday 5 March 2011

Adult Coloring Book


My wife is a teacher. She loves loves loves the colors and the design of these markers.



However, they do not last near as long as Sharpies do. She makes a lot of hand done posters for her room. She wanted to use these since they would greatly expand the color choices from the Sharpie staples. But she goes through 2 complete Bic markers until they are used up to fill in the same space 1 Sharpie can do the job in.



They are perfect for scrap booking, drawing, and other light use, but not the heavy duty use some people need. BIC Mark-It Color Collection Permanent Marker, Fine Point, Assorted Colors, 36 Markers

I purchased Bic permanent markers to replace my worn Sharpies that were a few years old. I only use them to write on my calendar so they do not get abused, and since I color code and have to write small, it is important to me that they work well. I should have spent the extra few dollars and purchased the Sharpie markers. A few of the markers were falling apart (when you opened the cap, the actual marker opened as well exposing the ink well or cushion). After writing with the markers a few times, the point did not stay sharp or write as fine point. Since I have to write small and legibly for all to be able to read in calendar boxes, this is important. Stay with Sharpies. They are a much better product.

I was a bit concerned after reading reviews about this product as compared to more pricey brands. I bought these for a school project (I am a teacher), so I knew kids would be using them and heavily. Pleased to say that the quality was fine regarding how long the ink lasted. I think these were perfect considering what I paid for them. We used them to decorate ornaments made of tin, and the colors were bright and worked well! About 60 kids used the 90 markers I bought, so to me that was a success. Glad I didn't spend the money and buy Sharpie brand!

I use permanent markers fairly frequently, and the reason I prefer these to other brands is that once dry, they don't seem to smudge or wipe off smooth surfaces as easily and they come in a bunch of colors. Yes, they can dry out a bit quicker than Sharpies, but they usually cost a bit less and come in a lot more colors. They also don't smell as strong.

These have worked on every surface I've tried them on so far. Plastic dominoes, fabric, paper and metal water bottles. On the metal water bottles, I was able to clean it off fairly easily using nail polish remover. Great craft option.

I've used a bunch of their sets. My favorite is the 36 marker set.

First I must say Bic Mark-It's fine tip markers are far superior to Sharpies. While I love Sharpies range of colors, I HATE using them because of their lack of archivalness, within a couple of years they begin fading and often get a ugly hue effect around the colors. Whereas Bic Mark-Its have an almost identical color scheme but are made with an acid free formula. I use these in my visual journals. If archivalness is important to you go with Bic. I must say though I do not like Bic Mark-It's Extra fine point. I bought two six packs and there were two dried out. On the other hand I have recent bought two 36 counts and one 24 count of the fine points and have had no issues with dried out markers with the fine points. I stocked up during a deal and opened each pack and tested each marker. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT and truly hope they are around for a long time!

Great markers at a much better price than any of the stores I looked in. Amazing selection of beautiful bold colors. "Fine point" is good for some writing and drawing, but still a bit too broad and bleedy for delicate projects. Because of this and the absence of any really light colors (even the light colors come out pretty dark on paper), I am still searching for a set with finer points and some paler colors. Still, I feel this is a good set to round out a larger marker collection.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Adult Coloring Book Adult Coloring Book Adult Coloring Book