Monday 21 March 2011

aquatic mp3 player - aquatic mp3 player


I purchased this product to use during a triathlon class. It's by no means a replacement for other music players, but I'd much rather bring this in the water than anything else. The buttons are big so it's pretty easy to manage while it sits on the back of my head. It's pretty flat so it doesn't move around much. It's very lightweight so I never notice it.



The waterproof ear buds aren't the greatest, though I've never tried any others so I'm not sure what to compare them to. When I swim they pretty easily fall out so I bought a swim cap for for a few bucks and it helps. I've had no problem with water getting into the ear buds and damaging them. It's just a pain when water sits between the buds and my ear muting the sound. I typically just turn the sound up louder to try and help. There are plenty of different ear bud sizes which I haven't tried so I may be just using the wrong size.



The dry buds work great. There's a nice little arm band which works well when I'm out for a run or in the gym. I've never heard the devise skip. It simply works.



One miner problem I've encountered is the device seems to skip the first half second of each song whether in continuous play or shuffle. It's not that big of a deal but don't plan on listening to Dark Side of the Moon or something else which really needs gapless playback. Also, the devise does not remember its own shuffle order so if it's in shuffle, you complete a song and want to listen to it again, hitting the back button will take you back to an entirely different song. Once again, not that big of a deal, but worth noting.



I work out typically four times a week for an hour a day, once or twice in water and this gets the job done. I charge it at the end of the week and maybe change up the music. Simple drag and drop. No special software which I like. Diver (TM) Waterproof MP3 Player. 4 GB. Kit Includes Waterproof Earphones. (Blue)

Reasonable for the price. Has the smaller earphone jack so can only use their earbuds. "Waterproof" earbuds really sound cheap. I've Seen other product reviews on other brands and that seems to be the problem with all other brands also. Problem is the instructions state do not allow water in the earbuds or it will damage them!! They are supposed to be waterproof!! Still make paddle boarding or swimming way more enjoyable!!!

They will fall out when swimming. I am not a fast swimmer and they fell out many times. Not sure if the ribbed buds from others are any better. Still better than nothing. The "dry" earbuds that come with have GREAT sound though.

Simple to load music, just drag and drop.

Battery life about 3-4 hours.

Bud wire screws in so it will not fall out. That's good.

You can not remove the ear hangers from the buds like some other brands.

Simple to operate except the mode indicator light is too dim outdoors so you are guessing until you hear songs whether it is in shuffle or order mode.

I took a gamble on this one since there were no reviews and I would say just OK.

I ordered the black version of this model. I absolutely love it. I swim 2-3 miles a week in the Y pool and after I found the right ear bud size, I can swim for over an hour and not have to adjust it. I found that it is best to use your swim goggle straps to help hold the plastic over the ear pieces in place. If you do get water in the ear, you can simply pull out the ear bud, give it a shake and your good to go. Great product for the price. Transferring music is really simple to. Plug in in to your computer and just cut and paste MP3 files.

I've owned this device for 10 months now. I swim for an hour stretch at a time, at least 3 times a week, so this device gets used a lot. Problem I have with the device is the earphones. Apparently you can't get them wet? I've returned the original headphones once to get them replaced and I purchased two spare ones after the last pair died after 6 months. The new ones started to have problems almost immediately. They start with a slight loss in sound until one goes out completely and then the other one starts to fade again. So while it was cheap etc, I guess if you have to buy enough replacement earphones your initial savings becomes moot.

I am so glad I bought this. I don't get bored anymore while I am swimming. I used it maybe 8 times now. The earphones do slip out at times and I have to remove the water from my ears to hear the music, but they give me so many different size ear plugs that I know I just need to experiment to get the right size. I know that if I wore goggle or a swim cap, I wouldn't have this problem, but I just don't want to wear a swim cap or goggles. I have put hundreds of songs on it and there is so much more room. You can't adjust how the music is played, ie suffle or straight, but if I don't like the order, I just skip the song so I have no complaints.

I wanted an MP3 for swim training in the pool for the long MN winters and shopped online for weeks to try to figure out which one I wanted. After countless review read I ended up ordering both the Diver and the Speedo Aquabeat. I shoppped all over and was unable to find any in a store which was really frustrating because I was worried about how the ear buds would feel. I can't wear the new plug type because they hurt after about 10 munutes.



I found myself unable to load the Diver until I read the instructions for the Aquabeat which gave directions to convert my Itunes to MP3. It's not hard, I just didn't understand how to do it. That caused a little grief and frustration but once I figured that out, it went well for loading both.



Basically, for the money and limited use, the Diver is just fine. It is definately more "tinny" than the Aquabeat so if you are a real music nut then spend some more money on the Aquabeat. If you are just looking for a fill in MP3 to swim with a few hours a week, it is great. I have yet to try anything other than music but think it would be great for Pod casts.



I found the ear buds on both to be pretty good. I don't think the Diver are really waterproof as they to tell you not to get them wet. I have. It happens. They move around. Sometimes they stay in perfectly and sometimes I have to constantly mess with them. If no one bothers me and I don't take them out right from the locker room, then they are better. If I take them out because someone tries to talk to me (!) then I usually end up having an issue for the remander of the swim. Better to shut the thing off and try to listen than take them out. I think if you made sure your ears were really clean, like gently Q-Tip them out with alcohol they wouldn't slip out from natural oils. I don't wear goggles but I wear a swim cap so I just tuck the unit up under in the back. No problems. - Aquatic Mp3 Player'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


aquatic mp3 player - aquatic mp3 player aquatic mp3 player aquatic mp3 player - aquatic mp3 player