Wednesday 9 February 2011

Waste Of Money - easy to use, safe


This is truly a portable as far as weight is concern. The only deficiencies I see in this model is the rather flimsy blade height adjusting wheel, and the absence of a zero clearance blade plate option, which plate is also shimmed rather poorly because they are loose and rather not easy to reposition once you remove the plate to change blades. Other than that is a fine little machine with a powerful motor and nice stand. For the money you can't go wrong, it'll do the same job as other much more expensive 10" saws. It's kind of a Deja VU to the old Makita little "Green" portable that I used to own, and was looking for when I came across this one. Rockwell RK7240.1 13 Amp 10-Inch Table Saw with Stand

While the reviews were less than sterling, I didn't think it could be that bad. My mistake.



I ordered this saw as a gift for my son, who lives with his family on the other side of the country. He has a limited amount of space and limited need for a table saw. But, during a visit, we're building some shelving for their home and thought it would be helpful to have a saw.



This was NOT the right choice. Example: the included miter gauge is made of cheap plastic, will not hold a 90 degree angle.

Can't buy an aftermarket replacement, since guide slot is non-standard 5/8-inch. The fence is cheap and not at all accurate. Cheap plastic handles fall off the bevel/height adjustment spinners.



I'm surprised that Amazon would actually carry something as poorly made as this product.

This table saw is a joke. It is made of plastic. It cannot stay steady or balanced. I broke the saw guard within the first ten minutes of use. I tried to send back to Amazon, but I didn't use it within the time period for a full refund, so I was only able to get a partial refund. Believe me though, the partial refund is better than having this piece of junk.

Saw had an alignment problem. Splitter was bent, causing a blockage of wood piece.

Had to bend splitter. Guard locking handle will cause blockage, if above table height. After adjustments, saw has plenty of power and for the price is O.K.item.

Needed to be able to rip window trim at a remote site. A table saw would be much easier for the task than a skill saw. I was looking for something at or below $100 - this saw fit the bill. Did everything I needed it to, fence was kind of clunky, had to check measurements constantly. I was most disapointed that the blade height was only 2-1/4" to 2-1/2" max and it was advertized as 3" - oh well, I didn't expect precision. It did the job - only wish it was a little beefier.

My chief complaint is the blade wore out very quickly. The stand will also have to be reinforced or replaced.



Additionally, I found that the bevel setting did not hold well at all. After using it less than two months for home use, the bevel setting began to shift about 5 degrees.



I contacted Amazon, and I was informed that they would do nothing to help me resolve the issue because it was not covered any longer by them. They told me that it was my problem to figure out a solution and I should just deal with it. However, upon contacting Rockwell, they said they would send out a new tool within 7 to 10 business days. I will get it in less than 5 business days. Rockwell was great to deal with. Amazon however proved their quality of customer service to me. After this experience, my impression is expect nothing from them and you will not be disappointed. - Waste Of Money - Sturdy - Safe - Easy To Use'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Waste Of Money - easy to use, safe safe Waste Of Money - easy to use, safe