Wednesday 9 February 2011

Thickness Planer - ebook, kindle devices


I have purchased several of these planar blades and find they work well. They are very sharp, and I've been able to run several hundred board feet through any given set. I see many reviews saying they do not stay sharp and wonder why users are having such difficulties. I find that if I sweep the boards off before going through, and make sure the plane's rollers stay free of sap, the planar runs great and the blades perform well. DEWALT DW7352-2 13-Inch Heat Treated Double Sided Replacment Planer Knives, 2-Pack

Despite the complaints about short life I have been getting decent life in soft woods and oak, less in hickory but it is very hard. I am impressed that the planer even can do such a good job in oak and hickory with blade life being about 100 bf in hickory (4-6 passes so 400 - 600 lineal feet) and several times that in oak. Did 400 bf in white fir and no appreciable wear at all.

Although my order was messed up initially, I finally was able to get the 2-pack of DW735 knives. At this time, you will probably have trouble beating this price on the internet. At about $35 out the door for a double sided knife set, it seems to be competitively priced with single sided carbide knives even if carbide holds its edge roughly 10X longer than the HSS. If I get 100 board feet per knife change, I won't plane enough wood to justify $250 for a single sided set of carbide knives. - E-reader - Planer Blades - Kindle Devices - Ebook'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Thickness Planer - ebook, kindle devices ebook Thickness Planer - ebook, kindle devices