Saturday 19 February 2011

Retractable Cable - wall charger, ipod accessories


I picked this sucker up for $30 from Fred Meyer, after they made it clear that they had no other options available for charging my iPod from my computer (I was on vacation with no cord and a dead battery). I was only expecting it to last throughout the vacation, but I've been using it ever since.



I keep the car charger in my car, with no extra cables to burden it, and I keep the wall charger plugged into the wall. The cable retracts easily, with a design much like that of a window blind (pull until you let go, where it locks, and then pull a bit more and let go to release).



It's a small, unobtrusive, and incredibly convenient device for your iPod, and at this price, it's a steal. You'd pay two or three times this at some electronics stores for the wall charger or car charger alone, let alone one that is so solidly constructed.



No question -- if you own an iPod, purchase this product. I was impressed enough to come and write this review -- perhaps you will be too. Universal Apple iPod USB Charger Kit - USB Retractable Hotsync Cable - USB Ho...

This kit is one that no iPod user should be without. The pieces are well constructed, and the wall charger beats Apple's own overpriced model. Also reasonably priced. I am very satisfied with this product.

The product was exactly as pictured, and I am VERY pleased with the construction and price. I am THRILLED that I can use the same cord for different components - this saves on storage space!



This is a WONDERFUL product at a fantastic price! I highly recommend it to any iPod owner!



NOTE: as of 11/30/08 the car charger attachment does NOT seem to charge my iPod. I haven't done anything to it to make it not work, it just won't work anymore. Since I am way past the warranty I guess I need to buy a new one. Not a problem since it is so inexpensive.

On paper (i.e., computer screen) it looks like an unbeatable deal. In person, though, it looks and feels cheap, and performs accordingly.



I used both chargers with the retractable dock cord on several trips. They worked fine for about 3 months, then the car charger died.



When I called BargainCell for a replacement, they told me I'm out of luck. The items are only guaranteed by BargainCell for 30 days, and they can't even refer me to the manufacturer because the product "comes from China and there is no warranty."



Luckily I'm only out a few bucks because this package is so cheap. But I now have the hassle of researching and buying a replacement. Don't make the same mistake I made!



One thing nice to say: I love the retractable USB dock cord, as it eliminates cable clutter in my car's glove compartment.

Everything seemed poorly constructed when I got the set in the mail. Then things started falling apart. The car adapter comes apart everytime you try to unplug it. Every time! So I stopped using it so that I don't get the parts stuck in the cigarette lighter plug. The home charger was fine at first, but it too fell apart. One of the prongs came out in an outlet! it is so dangerous. I almost got shocked.

I thought I was getting a real deal on this. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of leaving the seller a good feedback rating before I'd actually tried the product.



It doesn't work. The LED on the AC adapter lights up when you plug it in, but the iPod never charges. It's not worth messing with trying to get a refund for less than three dollars - I'll just avoid doing business with the seller again.



Guess there's a reason the official Apple chargers are so expensive - they actually charge the iPod.

LED lights (wall plug and car adapter) however neither ipod nor iphone are charged. The retractable USB cable lasted exactly 5 times... then the spring went flying.

This is not worth your time ordering it.

Not a very high-tech item. However, the retractable cord, on the Ipod attachment side was badly bent, right out of the box, totally unusable. Since it was a good deal, something like $6, I decided to lump it, rather than the hassle and cost of returning it, which would likely cost more than $6. I will be much more careful about who I do business with and will not do business with this vendor again and I realize that a good deal might be too good to be true, even with a low tech item like this one. - Travel Charger - Ipod Accessories - Ipod Car Charger - Wall Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information