Saturday 19 February 2011

Carbon Monoxide - alarm, co


This product was selected as a Best Buy by Consumer Reports based on value for your money. From what I can tell thus far they were spot on. The exterior looks like any other CO or smoke detector you might find in the hardware section of a store. The template and screws that are included make it extremely easy to mount. I especially like the LED display that tells you the current level of CO in ppm (parts per million) of the sampled air. There are other detectors out there that have some fancy talking alarms and other useless features but I don't think they're necessary. This CO monitor has everything a person should need for keeping track of the level of Carbon Monoxide in their house. Kidde KN-COPP-B Front Load Battery-Operated Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display

This Kidde Carbon Monoxide Alarm is great. Nice style and simple to install and use. The digital display is easy to read because it is backlit. Test/Reset button is easy to locate. The front load battery is the best, no more having to pull the unit to change batteries.

Thanks Kidde and Amazon.com!!!

I'm reviewing the Kidde 900-0146-004 Nighthawk Carbon Monoxide Alarm. This unit was incredibly easy to set up straight out of the box. It's also easy to hang. And for those that do no wish to hang it up on a wall, it has a small "kick stand" in the back that enables it to stand by itself on a shelf. The unit is simple to use and has an LED that is easy to read. I'm very happy with this purchase.

Battery in the front with a stand built into it makes this a nice product to move around and check and see different CO levels in different rooms of the house. The backlit LCD is easy to read. The reason I like this product is that it was on the lower end of the spectrum in price but still can tell you what the maximum amount of CO that was present since the monitor was last reset. I was interested to know not only when CO might be too high, but what the CO levels were when the alarm was not going off. I have not had the alarm go off yet but it has detected CO during certain times. It does what it says it will and is good for the price. Nothing exciting though. The only bad thing I can say is that there is a flashing green light that lets you know the unit is operating which can be annoying when you are trying to fall asleep.(small flash from a tiny LED every 1 to 2 sec.)

I placed a bell jar over a candle til it guttered. I moved the bell jar slowly, to cover the CO detector. Initially, there was no observable change. But after less than a minute, the digital indicator started climbing. The notes mentioned that below a cut off concentration, there is no indication at all, and that's what I found. It was attractively priced and functional and I can use it as a sampling meter at a pinch. It has a longish time constant, which is probably as it should be. I liked the peak concentration storage/display capability.

Neat!

This Kidde Carbon Monoxide Alarm is nice for one reason.

The batteries are in front and I do not have to remove to replace. I change the batteries every month during the heating season. Nice Product Kidde and Amazon.com!

I've only had this product for one month which isn't very long but what i really like about it is the digital readout. The digital readout takes any guess work out of the picture. Another nice feature is the low battery alarm that tells you when to replace the batteries. This unit should be replaced after seven years ( like most i suppose ) and it even will sound an alarm that tells you when it's time to replace it. I can't see any reason to buy any other Carbon Monoxide Alarm. So far i think it's worth every penny and i recommend it to everyone.

The first one I bought did not work correctly and as soon as I notified Amazon they sent me a second unit at no charge, even before I sent back the first unit. The second unit has worked flawlessly. I really like being able to move it to other rooms whenever I choose.

This is a good quality CO detector at a reasonable price. I like the LED indicator on the front. This feature displays the level of CO in the room rather than just sounding an alarm at a certain level. This way you know if there is a potential problem that is pending, before you actually have one.

This is a very useful tool. I live in an 50-year old house and sometimes I fear that there might be a gas leakage somewhere. The first day, a cold winter day and all the windows and doors were closed all day long while the heater was on, it showed a peak value of 24, which means that at one point there was a bit of CO floating around but within safety limits, and the unit was likely functional. - Home Safety - Co - Alarm - Carbon Monoxide'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Carbon Monoxide - alarm, co co Carbon Monoxide - alarm, co