Friday 4 February 2011

Earth Friendly - green, natural baby


Ok... so i had previously reviewed before they finished the diaper upgrade and changed the packaging to fewer diapers. What a rollercoaster! Long story short, we had the faulty diapers which were generously replaced by NATY CS and any future diapers were supposedly the upgrades but really weren't, nor were they anywhere as good as the old-old ones. Finally, we received the newest ones with the little clouds and fewer diapers in the package [size 5's]. Wow... these really are "comfort fit"!! Amazing.. i even think i could possibly go down a size if i really wanted.

Things you should know if looking to switch: Do not be surprised if the outer cover sheet becomes damp feeling if left for too long with a oversaturated diaper. This originally surprised when i first started using the diapers. And it is REALLY hard to oversaturate these diapers. I'm talking 12 hours overnight with a BIG sippy cup before bed!

The reason i gave 4 stars: PRICE!! The only excuse i could use for finally "going green" and switching from Cruisers was that they were pretty much the same price give or take a few pennies. But now.. $$. We have to pay for the upgrades. However, there is an upside....i honestly admit that we do use less of these new diapers. Boy, do they pack in the pee-pee!! I swear one morning we had a diaper that weighed more than our son did at birth!! These diapers absorb more liquid than any of those big brand fancy premium diapers! Or at least in my humble opinion. I think NATY has got a winner with these final new upgrades.. hopefully they have settled on this design and leave well enough alone!

Final thought: If you are interested and looking to be environmentally responsible in the disposable diaper department, spend the extra pennies and look no further than Nature Babycare Diapers. They are so much more than just "chlorine free."



Update 3/14/10: So, a few more insights/suggestions about the new design:

[fyi, i can only speak for size 5] I have found that i have had a more overnight leakages or when procrastinating in changing the diaper when getting errands done and DS has had one too many sippy cups, possibly because my kid's bladder is getting bigger too! My son does actually do 9pm to 10am easy so this issue may be just isolated to me, as another said in their review, most diapers do and should after that length of time. I have also confirmed that by using three other commercial "non-ecofriendly" brands including ones designed for "overnight" use and "12-hour" etc. Slightly less leakage on the "overnight" types, but leakage nontheless. If you have an overnight leakage issue:

1. Give last liquids at least an hour before bed, if using potty or pee-on-command (lol) do so just before putting on the last diaper and pop them into bed.

2. As some have said, try a diaper cover to go over diaper for overnight use... i have yet to try this option, but will update with any results.

Still, I am the self-proclaimed #1 fan of Nature Babycare Diapers, and all their products. Money aside [though not too far aside.. lol] there is something to be said about spending the extra pennies for the knowledge that I am *seriously* lowering my negative contribution to the planet and it's inhabitants. When the issue budgeting comes up and i think of how i could get double the amount of those wonderful target brand diapers for the same price as i pay for NATY Diapers, i ask myself can i really go backwards? I see the mounds of non-biodegradable/non-sustainable resource-using diapers piling up throughout my child's diaper years and say "No" i cannot, because he is the one that will be living in that world. I will make cutbacks on my personal luxuries instead. I hope i have been helpful in anyway.



Update:1/1/2011--

Well, this update is waaay delayed but since my last one i have had ZERO problems with the diaper leaking - and my son is still in size 5's! The fit is absolutely perfect[i can only speak for my kid], and i couldn't do it without Amazon Mom/Subscribe and Save, joining Amazon Mom has been a lifesaver and made the cost of these diapers totally inexpensive! These are by far the best diapers i a have ever encountered, the NATY customer service is wonderful and i couldn't be happier so i have changed my rating from 4 stars to 5.



Update: 8/12/11 - TWO kids in Nature Babycare Diapers!

Ok, so my 3 1/2 year old is still rocking the size 5s and they are still awesome!! But now my 4 month old has been in size 1's for the last two months and are about to get our first case of size 2s soon. As for the size 1's, they absorb EXTREMELY well and keep my baby very dry! Practically never have leaks, [unless DH changes the diaper!] These diapers are unreal! I do have to say that i would like to see them redesign them to be a bit more like the comfort fit design of the size 5s. It could be a bit more contoured in the center and the front wings could come out a bit longer for a better overlap.. but it's time for size 2's anyway! Very happy with the diapers and will update with thoughts on the size 2's. Nature Babycare Eco-Friendly Chlorine-Free Diapers, Size 4 (22-37 Pounds), 27 Diapers (Pack of 4) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]

I was so excited to find a disposable diaper that was chlorine-free and made from biodegradable materials! And at a price comparable to Huggies Naturals. But I was quickly disappointed in the fit. The closure tabs have absolutely NO stretch in them at all. I started with Size 1 when my daughter was about 10 - 11 pounds. The closure tabs left marks on her hips. She's now about 13lbs, and I just bought the size 2, which lists 12 - 18lbs. They are no better. Very tight around the hips and leave red marks. I can only find these online, and they come in 4 packs. It is a hassle to exchange them through the mail. The most recent ones I got on an auction website, which makes it even harder. So, I end up with over 100 diapers that don't fit. I would most definitely keep buying these diapers if they could improve the elasticity in the closure tabs. They may fit a very skinny baby just fine, but if your baby has any pudge around the middle, they will be too small. I suggest buying a size up. - Natural Baby - Green - Environmentally Friendly - Disposable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Earth Friendly - green, natural baby natural baby Earth Friendly - green, natural baby