Sunday 2 January 2011

Thumb Sucking - thumb sucking, thumb guard


We bought this after trying every other remedy, and our 23 month old daughter stopped sucking her fingers in 2 1/2 weeks!! We'd been trying for an entire year, and this was like magic. We left it on at all times for the first two weeks, and then only at nighttime and nap times for the next couple of days, but she had no interest in her fingers anymore, so we just took it off entirely. The fingerguard didn't seem to terribly impede her as she ate and played, and she actually didn't mind it at all after the first day. She would happily put her fingers up for it after I washed it. We loved this and recommend it... but I do think that they could offer it for a cheaper price. It is only plastic after all! Stop Finger Sucking with Finger Guard Kit (Size Small/Ages 3-4)

It's been 3 days since we took it off (after wearing for 3.5 weeks). It was secure, but he did developt the habit of gnawing on the thing and it began to rip. I'd say the plastic needs to be harder and we put some foul-tasting substance on his favorite gnawing spots to counter the problem. In my opinion, still too expensive but can't argue with the results.

It worked for my 4 Year old daughter. It took two weeks. The first night was the hardest, she cried for about 1/2 hour but it was easier after that. I am happy to report that after 2 weeks she 100% does NOT suck her fingers. Thanks for this product.

Very surprised by how much success it was for my 3.5 year old daughter. She was addicted to sucking her middle and ring fingers of her left hand just a month or so after birth. I saw this finger guard product in Amazon and thought i would give it a try, not expecting much out of it. I warned my daughter about the arrival of this product. I raved it a lot and when she actually possessed it 9 days ago, she was overwhelmed. We put it on her during her nap and night and it was successful from day one. I couldn't believe it and neither could we all (family). Now, she still asks us to put it on, just to reassure herself. During the last 9 days, she has been to a dental appointment, is now having fever, and yet, she never put her fingers in her month anymore. Very blessed as she will be having an upcoming dental appointment which can be quite draining. If she can stay on being so stable without sucking, I think she can overcome her next dental appointment fine. Give it a try. May not suit everyone but it certainly put all my worries about prolonged sucking behind me. Almost forgot to mention, now that she doesn't suck, she talks a LOT more, like a chatterbox. I think sucking has been deterring her speech a bit but now, I expect her to catch up.

My daughter was turning 4 and she was constantly sucking her 2 fingers to the point where they were so raw and her nails didn't really grow because it was always wet. I wanted to wait until she turned 4years old to correct her thumb sucking because I felt this was her means for consoling herself. I didn't want to try the hot tabasco or nail polish because a lot of mothers have all told me that they don't work. So my sister recommended this product because her daughter was a thumb sucker and it worked within a week. When the finger kit arrived, my daughter and I watched the DVD together and I had her pick a color for the wrist guard. I only had her wear it at night since most of her finger sucking was when she slept. She had fun every night picking a new color for her wrist guard and within 2 weeks she was no longer "finger sucking". We recommended it to my husbands co-worker and now he is happy to say, his daughter is not sucking her fingers anymore.

My daughter could not stop sucking her index and middle fingers since she turned 2. We tried positive reinforcement and correcting the behavior every change we got. She woke up with her fingers in her mouth, rode to daycare with them in her mouth and went to bed every night with them in her mouth. We tried the nail polish and many other solutions but nothing worked. It got to be a joke around our house when we'd ask her "where do your fingers belong?" and she'd respond "Not in the mouth!" as she smiled and did the opposite!



This device, while more expensive that any other solution, really did work. She's been using it for over a month and has almost completely stopped wanting to suck her fingers when we take it off for cleaning. I am so impressed with the simple design and it's effectiveness. If you're serious about getting your kid to stop sucking their fingers, buy this device.

Despite great reviews, this didn't work for us. We gave it a good solid 3 months +. Our 4 yr old daughter began sucking her OTHER finger. Didn't want to purchase a second and have BOTH hands confined. So we decided to wait a little longer to reintroduce the idea....hopefully she will be more at a point of WANTING to stop. I think you really need for your child to be on board and to truly want the help to stop the habit. - Thumb Sucking - Thumb Guard'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information